Photoshop Help: wrap tailgate or not???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asking for a little help from anyone with some photoshop skills.

I just got my new bumper from SVC and love it...but I feel like my rear might be looking too clean and slick now that I'm all blackout and and have such a sleak bumper. I'm kicking around the idea of wrapping my tailgate in a matte black. I have a matte black hood wrap already and thought maybe the tailgate would tie the front and back together with the wrap.

My photoshop skills are zero and my feeble attempts at downloading apps on my phone to do it went nowhere.

Thanks for any and all help and opinions if I should do it or not!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another pic in case this pic might work better for someone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, thought about that too, I like that look, but with my painted fenders, might be kinda weird when the matte black wraps around to the flare.

Kinda thinking just tailgate...or nothing

I'd do a subtle twin stripe down the middle. Don't do the whole tailgate or it will look like an aftermarket piece. I think matte black stripes would look kinda cool, like a ghost effect, maybe on up the back of the cab and over the roof?........

OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my hood wrap for some reference to the matte black wrap color. This pic looks a little extra light cause it's out in the sun, but might still be good to see the contrast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd do a subtle twin stripe down the middle. Don't do the whole tailgate or it will look like an aftermarket piece. I think matte black stripes would look kinda cool, like a ghost effect, maybe on up the back of the cab and over the roof?........

Yeah, I see what your saying about it looking aftermarket, kinda like I damaged my stock tailgate and got a random color and had to wrap it.

I see your idea about the stripes if I didn't have my hood wrap already. You guys think it would help if I wrapped the whole roof too, to tie in the whole top of the truck in matte black?

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Maybe even just do the middle area of the tailgate in matte, basically what @Mluis11 has. So basically from the top of the taillights to the bottom area across the tailgate?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I see what your saying about it looking aftermarket, kinda like I damaged my stock tailgate and got a random color and had to wrap it.

I see your idea about the stripes if I didn't have my hood wrap already. You guys think it would help if I wrapped the whole roof too, to tie in the whole top of the truck in matte black?

I think you should. And get some Boatec Fenders, too. Thing looks too narrow......... :)

D

Deleted member 12951

I think your truck looks just fine as it is but if you are determined to proceed with the wrap, I would keep the same width of the existing matte vinyl onto the roof and that same width on the tailgate, leaving the edges to show the tuxedo black like the hood.