Craigslist fo sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't misunderstand anything. You contradicted your statement by questioning the accuracy of the tool you used to validate your assertion. So your opinion on the matter is moot.

I am sorry you are not understanding. My point is that even KBB is routinely over-valuing vehicles. This has been that way for at least 5yrs. There is repeatability in this, so it is still a great tool for determining value IF you know how to use it.
I am baffled as to how you are not understanding this relatively simple point.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sorry you are not understanding. My point is that even KBB is routinely over-valuing vehicles. This has been that way for at least 5yrs. There is repeatability in this, so it is still a great tool for determining value IF you know how to use it.
I am baffled as to how you are not understanding this relatively simple point.

Ok, look... I'm not quite sure how to explain this to you, but if you say that your tool is open for interpretation, then it's not a valid measurement.

But hey, for ***** and giggles I'll calculate the KBB too. Oh, and here are the specs I used so actual verification can be done:

2017 Raptor SCab
2700 miles
Power sliding rear window
Heated seats
Leather seats
Hard Tonneau cover
Running boards
Memphis zip code
Excellent condition

That truck has a trade-in (not private sale) of almost $55k. There's also (spitballing estimate) a couple grand worth of aftermarket gear. Let's just say it's $1,000, bringing the truck to $56k.

Since private sales (it's on Craigslist) get a better return than trade-ins, even if we adjust for your KBB overvaluation claim, it's still at $56k.

So now that I've presented you with my numbers from your control tool, what are *you* not understanding?

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Take it one step further...
Use the KBB tool which has the Instant Cash Offer generator. See what that nets you!