WTB Lowrance GPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a used Lowrance GPS. I'm not looking to spend a lot, just something for the organized runs. Maybe there is a "cyber Monday" sale??

2baddogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same boat...

Just pulled trigger on a Lowrance Elite 7HD ($449)w external Baja antenna($250) and SD map card ($79). You can PM me for details, I saved about $79 +free shipping for Cyber Monday.

You can get the Trophy 5m for $399 and includes an external antenna. After talking to them, I decided on a bit more real estate (7" screen).

D

Deleted member 12951

That was a heck of a deal for that 7m. I got the Baja 5m and paid around $375 for it.

How much are you wanting to spend on a used one?

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will only be using it maybe 3-4 times a year so I would like to stay around the $200-$250 if possible? I would use my iPad with an app, but I don't think the route can be loaded to me on an organized run.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will only be using it maybe 3-4 times a year so I would like to stay around the $200-$250 if possible? I would use my iPad with an app, but I don't think the route can be loaded to me on an organized run.

I've been using my iPad mini on organized runs and it works great. Motion X app with a gpx file from the organizer. I'll eventually get a lowrance, but this setup has worked well for me.

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How exactly do you do it? Every run I've been on, the organizer goes around and loads the route into people's Lowrance. How and what exactly do I need to get the route into my iPad with motionx?

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How exactly do you do it? Every run I've been on, the organizer goes around and loads the route into people's Lowrance. How and what exactly do I need to get the route into my iPad with motionx?

I've had the organizer email me the gpx file. From there it simply loads into motion x. I believe some organizers do require lowrance though.
You do need an iPad with cellular capabilities so it has gps. Doesn't need to be hooked up to service though.