ICON Front Coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know its a stretch, but looking for a set ICON front coilovers. I have a rear set of 3.0 bypasses so I'm looking to match them up.

D

Deleted member 12951

Hmm...

Been thinking of doing a hybrid mutt suspension and have Fox 3.0's up front and my ICON RXT in the rear. Haven't heard of anyone doing this yet, thinking....

OP
OP
C

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm...

Been thinking of doing a hybrid mutt suspension and have Fox 3.0's up front and my ICON RXT in the rear. Haven't heard of anyone doing this yet, thinking....

If it were something other than my Raptor I would do it.

The ICON 3.0 bypasses I bought from a forum member were worse than described. I can rebuild them easily, but I am almost on the fence to just sell them and buy a new set of Kings before summer.

Years ago my beamed ranger had 10" Fox 2.0 smooth bodies reservoirs in the front, Camburg radius arms, and the rear was Deavers and 18" FOA 2.5 smooth body reservoirs. That was my beater bomb. Probably the most fun I've had in the desert.

I couldn't do the mix-matched deal on this truck

Last edited:

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were something other than my Raptor I would do it.

The ICON 3.0 bypasses I bought from a forum member were worse than described. I can rebuild them easily, but I am almost on the fence to just sell them and buy a new set of Kings before summer.

Years ago my beamed ranger had 10" Fox 2.0 smooth bodies reservoirs in the front, Camburg radius arms, and the rear was Deavers and 18" FOA 2.5 smooth body reservoirs. That was my beater bomb. Probably the most fun I've had in the desert.

I couldn't do the mix-matched deal on this truck

I really don't understand how can you say Icon rears are bad? I had those and nothing but good to say, those were smooth as butter IMHO. I've seen post fronts to be too stiff on small stuff but never felt myself that to be case.
Is there discussion of this somewhere? I have bought different setup already but just out of curiosity i would like to read it.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Hmm...

May i ask that have you been disappointed to Icon coils? I ask these stupid questions since i felt that those were really good shocks. I do understand that you guys might have used to have softer suspension then us European guy's. I tried truck with Fox 3.0's but it had 35" tires and really bad settings on rears so can't really say that those were better or worse.

OP
OP
C

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand how can you say Icon rears are bad? I had those and nothing but good to say, those were smooth as butter IMHO. I've seen post fronts to be too stiff on small stuff but never felt myself that to be case.
Is there discussion of this somewhere? I have bought different setup already but just out of curiosity i would like to read it.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

May i ask that have you been disappointed to Icon coils? I ask these stupid questions since i felt that those were really good shocks. I do understand that you guys might have used to have softer suspension then us European guy's. I tried truck with Fox 3.0's but it had 35" tires and really bad settings on rears so can't really say that those were better or worse.

Im not saying ICON is bad. Im saying the pair I bought from a forum member were worse than described.

For replacement pieces, you can't go wrong with any of the 3.0 choices really.

I have ICONs bumpstop and frame support kit. They build impressive quality components

D

Deleted member 12951

No issues. Just hear that Fox and ICON coil-overs have different technology in regards to how they work. Thought it might be something to consider to see if I could tell any difference. Its just a thought, an expensive thought....

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not saying ICON is bad. Im saying the pair I bought from a forum member were worse than described.

For replacement pieces, you can't go wrong with any of the 3.0 choices really.

I have ICONs bumpstop and frame support kit. They build impressive quality components

Got it, my bad.

No issues. Just hear that Fox and ICON coil-overs have different technology in regards to how they work. Thought it might be something to consider to see if I could tell any difference. Its just a thought, an expensive thought....

Definitely expensive experiment but if money isn't problem why not. You're more experienced than i am but i'll still say that i would keep those and would use money for upgrading towards dual or better setup.

OP
OP
C

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you're willing to conduct your expensive thought, I would be interested in the ICONs

D

Deleted member 12951

If you're willing to conduct your expensive thought, I would be interested in the ICONs

Yeah, they are pretty new, got them last May 2016. They have been to TRR, Raptoberfest and Baja so less than 2,000 off-road miles.

I just got other things to fix and pay for plus I would take a loss on them naturally so please don't get your hopes up but I'll give it some thought.