2013 stock 3rd brake light WTB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the LEDs went out and it's driving me crazy. Looking to buy one unless someone has some knowledge they could pass down to me.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if its just one led you could replace the bulb. you run the risk of mismatching colors or brightness, I would replace all of them.

OP
OP
Evanscott29

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@AndysLog Forgive me for the seemingly stupid question, but it looked like in order to replace the LEDs that meant opening up the light basically soldering in new lights. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, there's no way to change bulbs on the cargo/third brake light..

i broke one open to put my own led setup in there, but i haven't had time to work on it.. its all engineered, just have to sit down and do it. i refuse to pay $300 for a new one that will have the same issues as this one down the road.

the water gets in thru the screw holes. the one i opened, that i got from a member here, clearly had water intrusion from the recessed screw holes where the sonic weld was broken against the backing. the gasket they use is not very good either, id say its a one time use..