Whipple supercharger (bare)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of yal give me a bundled deal and ill take them off your hands. Then we can shake hands and forget about the past.

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMO the tune will protect the gear and bad tunes will make them go bad

I was the first person to tell you that early transmission tuning issues were part of the reason why oil pump gears had failed...

Early tunes had faster/firmer shifting and the theory is that this created lash/shock that fractured the gears (and yes, this absolutely has occurred before).

That post was from last year, my friend. And now you're going around telling everyone this as if you had come up with it on your own? :ROFLJest:

um you just replied to my post the other day stop making shit up.

If you say so. I don't remember posting in any of your threads. But then again, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the resident trolls. :shrug:

trouble with my truck was fixed the second I went to JDM. I had to give whipple their fair deal. Hows Your truck lol,
vandalize a raptor? making shit up again? i would never hurt another persons property even yours but I will hurt you no problem at all.

My truck is running great. Feel free to check out my build thread if you want to copy any more of my ideas. :ROFLJest:

And yeah I figured you didn't actually vandalize that other truck like you claimed to. All talk, eh princess? :mwah1:

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was the first person to tell you that early transmission tuning issues were part of the reason why oil pump gears had failed...

That post was from last year, my friend. And now you're going around telling everyone this as if you had come up with it on your own? :ROFLJest:

If you say so. I don't remember posting in any of your threads. But then again, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the resident trolls. :shrug:

My truck is running great. Feel free to check out my build thread if you want to copy any more of my ideas. :ROFLJest:

And yeah I figured you didn't actually vandalize that other truck like you claimed to. All talk, eh princess? :mwah1:
your such a lame. the rev limiter is what causes it NO ONE was talking about it untill I did. I looked for hours and talked about with the guys that know no one said rev limiter untill I did. show me a post before mine cuz I sure didnt find one.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Both of yal give me a bundled deal and ill take them off your hands. Then we can shake hands and forget about the past.

never happen sorry nothing against you but why buy a used old super charger when the new one is so much better? ts not like hes giving a deal. if it was a good deal I get it but thats your choice.
my brand new still relevant parts are half price with shipping and the one is 1/4 price. honestly go buy the new one you wont need either of our parts. if you decide later you want more power the TB I have is 1/2 price like it shows take it if you like.
or better yet you get him anywhere near me and i will give you all of it for free.

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
your such a lame. the rev limiter is what causes it NO ONE was talking about it untill I did. I looked for hours and talked about with the guys that know no one said rev limiter untill I did. show me a post before mine cuz I sure didnt find one.

Couple things: 1) Shift RPM is part of the transmission tuning and 2) the Raptor's rev limiter is extremely soft, which would be the reason no one else talked about it. Regardless, shift RPM is a very easy tuning change and if my truck were having an issue with that I would simply text my tuner and I'd have a file back via email same day.

Anyway, this is not the correct forum for this discussion. You are welcome to start a new conversation in the correct forum but, as I think you now know, you won't find very many guys (or companies... ) who are willing to help you because of how you conduct yourself.

Your right. I read about the revisions on the supercharger. Going to start saving up for the kit.

Not trying to talk you into anything but the new supercharger only is $3900 and the full kit is $9000.

Mine is the 2nd documented install to pick up only 30 RWHP, which is only around 5%. Up to you what that's worth. It was worth it to me because I don't like to leave anything on the table and I'll most likely be building the bottom end of this engine before too long anyway.

Raptor1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple things: 1) Shift RPM is part of the transmission tuning and 2) the Raptor's rev limiter is extremely soft, which would be the reason no one else talked about it. Regardless, shift RPM is a very easy tuning change and if my truck were having an issue with that I would simply text my tuner and I'd have a file back via email same day.

Anyway, this is not the correct forum for this discussion. You are welcome to start a new conversation in the correct forum but, as I think you now know, you won't find very many guys (or companies... ) who are willing to help you because of how you conduct yourself.

Not trying to talk you into anything but the new supercharger only is $3900 and the full kit is $9000.

Mine is the 2nd documented install to pick up only 30 RWHP, which is only around 5%. Up to you what that's worth. It was worth it to me because I don't like to leave anything on the table and I'll most likely be building the bottom end of this engine before too long anyway.

Your telling me you only got a 30whp increase with a supercharger?? Thats not worth 9k for me. I would expect at least a 90whp increase. What boost are u set at?

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your telling me you only got a 30whp increase with a supercharger?? Thats not worth 9k for me. I would expect at least a 90whp increase. What boost are u set at?

Miscommunication. No, not 30 RWHP over stock, I meant I just picked up only 30 RWHP more when I just swapped to the newest generation Whipple supercharger housing (which is why I am selling this unit).

A Whipple Stage 2 Raptor is going to make OVER 200 RWHP more than stock. These are well over 500 RWHP trucks. Have seen forum members make as high as 560 RWHP with an otherwise stock truck. Mine made 560 RWHP with full exhaust.

The Whipple stage 2 kit was originally developed for the Shelby Baja 700 Raptors which Shelby quoted at 700 crank horsepower (not coincidentally, 560 RWHP / 80% = 700 crank horsepower).

Stock Raptors only put down ~ 330 to the wheels.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score

no he bought just the new upgrade he didnt need the whole kit. MSRP is 3900. hes trying to sell you his old one.
you need more then just what he has and to get the newest gen 2 full kit it will cost you $300 more then the kit he has. thats what I did I bought the new kit.
its very hard to explain there a thread about it somewhere also when I bought mine I explained it all.
his 30wrhp was only 3900 msrp.
the full gen 2 kit is like 200 hp 9000 msrp. this kit comes with everything intercoolers fans Sc throttle bodies everything even a tune (id go to JDM)

Raptor1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification gents. I know I must have misunderstood something. That is some real nice power to have. 411 just doesnt feel as strong on this heavy truck. Much appreciated in the knowledge youve shared. Seems like jdm for the tune is the way to go.

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sold on ebay. As a point of reference (for other guys looking to do the upgrade), I got $2,500 for it and I've heard of them going for as much as $3k.

Certainly brings the power per dollar for the upgrade down quite a bit.

:win: