Fs gen 1 third brakelight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a third brake light with the lense in great condition, but only the center red LED works. Make me an offer.

Attachments

• IMG_7062.jpg
    IMG_7062.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 65

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any obvious damage that would cause the other two to go out?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any obvious damage that would cause the other two to go out?

water intrusion ruins the circuit board inside or the leds, or both.. they overtighten the screws at the factory, or if its ever removed and it breaks the grey backing from the lens causing the leak

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
water intrusion ruins the circuit board inside or the leds, or both.. they overtighten the screws at the factory, or if its ever removed and it breaks the grey backing from the lens causing the leak

Thats what I just read, I was hoping it was something simple but now looks like more trouble than its worth. I'd still like to open one up and see how complex a board looks. Some simple soldering could have it up and running again.

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I just read, I was hoping it was something simple but now looks like more trouble than its worth. I'd still like to open one up and see how complex a board looks. Some simple soldering could have it up and running again.

I'm guessing it's the usual water problem. I have no electrical skills so opening it up is way out of my league. It's just sitting in the garage so not doing me any good.