Custom cnc machined center caps for method wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a question I don't know the specs for sure but would something like this work will my eagle 012's they are a method look alike of sorts. amuhedap.jpguquruda6.jpg

I only ask cause I like the look of your caps and lost the logo off of one on my center caps.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Its possible, you would have take a caliper and measure the inside diameter, and also the thickness from the front to the back side of the wheel. But the inside to inside measurement would be the most important.

OP
OP
vince7870

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question I don't know the specs for sure but would something like this work will my eagle 012's they are a method look alike of sorts. amuhedap.jpguquruda6.jpg

I only ask cause I like the look of your caps and lost the logo off of one on my center caps.

doesn't look like it will work. form your pic it looks like there is a lip on the inside part of the center bore. the methods don't have that and there is a taper on rear of wheel that catches the caps.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

i should have all the caps in my hand by monday night with the exception of the SVC caps. having some troubles getting the logo right. hoping to have that fixed by next week. i just didn't want to dely the rest of order. ill get everyone wrapped up monday night for a tues drop off…….unless of course ups plays with my emotions again!

also all the new guys looking for caps i will email you back, i just like to have one order done before getting another going.

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok yea these have a spring loaded ring so that the center cap snaps in from the front. Thanks for the reply

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be in for a black on black set.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok yea these have a spring loaded ring so that the center cap snaps in from the front. Thanks for the reply

Sorry for the thread hi-jack....but I have Pro-Comp wheels with the same type of cap that snaps in from the front. They were way too high, I hated the look of them. So I cut 30 mm out of the height with a table saw, and re-glued them back together so they are almost flush with the wheel....then I painted them gloss black to match my wheels centers. They turned out awesome!
This solution may work for you....I'll be posting a thread in the wheels/tires forum with pics soon so those with the same type of wheels/caps have an alternative solution to the ugly tall caps.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.