Is it worth it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seventy812

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a raptor, I know there isn't much of a difference in the 13 & 14 models but is it worth buying one with more than 85K miles on it for close to 35-40K?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 95k on mine and it still runs like a swiss army knife, its all about how you maintain a vehicle. Seems about the right price, always room for movement though remember, good luck!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always get the lower mileage truck if you can, but like @CoronaRaptor said, it all depends on how it's been maintained. I've got 75k+ on my 2014, and it still looks and drives like new. I've seen trucks with half that mileage on them that looked 4x older than mine because they've been used hard and put away wet.

Do your research and perform a thorough inspection of your prospective truck. I wouldn't be scared of buying a higher mileage Raptor because they are built so well.....

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know someone that bought a 14 SE with 69,000 miles for $44,600. It looked great

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

With prices what they are now, everything is overpriced.

OP
OP
S

Seventy812

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it. That said, I'm no mechanic. So when inspecting the truck over what kind of things should I look for? Also I've herd that it's best to take it a mechanic I know and trust but what if that person is far from the dealership?? Will they still let me take it there??

zbrady107

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a dealer is serious about making a sale, they'll let you take it for a pre-purchase inspection. For example, when I bought my 2011 from a private party - the seller paid for a pre-purchase inspection from the Ford dealer that he does his service through. I also took it to my mechanic and had him put it up on the lift and do the same inspection. The results ultimately were the exact same but the piece of mind is nice to have.