Trying to figure out a Fair Value - Pre-Production SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit4142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there. Some of you are familiar with my Raptor... Well, things have happened and I'm faced with selling my Raptor.

Its a 2014 Ruby Red SE SCREW. 47k miles, Dirty Deeds Exhaust, Drop in K&N, and some minor adds. Its garage kept, literally never off-roaded while I've owned it.

What makes my Raptor a little different is, its THE pre-production Raptor per SVT... It was never supposed to be sold to the public, also per SVT. There were 5 total Pre-Production Raptors built, the other 4 were tested then destroyed. My SE was the Raptor used for the Auto Shows, and photo shoots for the brochures and SE supplemental. This was all told to me via SVT themselves. I have the documentation verifying it being a pre-production truck.

So, honestly, I'm trying to find a fair value, not some pie in the sky, if all the planets align kinda' price. BUT, I don't want to give away something that is bound to be worth more than a "normally exceptional" 1st Gen Raptor.

Well, what does everyone think??

Attachments

• BEFT5680.jpg
    BEFT5680.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
Bandit4142

Bandit4142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it have a low number vin?

Sorry, should have said that... 1xxxxxxxxxxFA00053. According to SVT, the Sequence number coded as 5 being pre-production. They built 51,52,53,54,and 55. Mine was the only the believed to be left, and until I contacted them, they weren't sure where it ended up. At one point an Executive at Ford had it, and that was the last they knew, until I called.

Reaction score
FWIW, I just paid $46,000 at Carmax for my one-owner, 54k mile truck that's identical to yours and came from Oklahoma (no rust).

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 loaded supercrew with 43k miles and a new ford short block sold for 40k. Not sure if the new motor helps or hurts it but was super clean and all record etc. Buyer had dealer tags on his car when I met him. Claimed it was for his son but guarantee this truck is going to Vegas or Cali and will be sold for 45k-47k all day.

For your truck it needs to go to an auction for top dollar like BJ. As they have the buyers who look for and will pay for unique and rare items vs the open market.

OP
OP
Bandit4142

Bandit4142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I just paid $46,000 at Carmax for my one-owner, 54k mile truck that's identical to yours and came from Oklahoma (no rust).

Congrats on the great buy! I love mine, and honestly, that not far off from what I'm thinking of asking for mine... But that's what I'm trying to find out, what people are paying in the real world. I was surprised to see a Ruby Red SE with a salvage title sell here in Colorado for $40 last week... that kinda' thing just shocks the hell out of me.

My 2013 loaded supercrew with 43k miles and a new ford short block sold for 40k. Not sure if the new motor helps or hurts it but was super clean and all record etc. Buyer had dealer tags on his car when I met him. Claimed it was for his son but guarantee this truck is going to Vegas or Cali and will be sold for 45k-47k all day.

For your truck it needs to go to an auction for top dollar like BJ. As they have the buyers who look for and will pay for unique and rare items vs the open market.

I considered sending it to BJ, but by the time you pay the Seller Fees, it would have to bring a great deal more than is realistic. I know to some, I'm going to probably price it on the higher end, but certainly not the highest. I want it to sell...

Thank you guys for the feedback so far! :)

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do you have any paperwork to document its being pre-production? Not that the low VIN isn't convincing in and of itself.

OP
OP
Bandit4142

Bandit4142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do you have any paperwork to document its being pre-production? Not that the low VIN isn't convincing in and of itself.

Yes, I have the documentation from SVT verifying that its Pre-Production. The Certificate looks similar to the ones you normally receive showing production number, but mine says only "Pre-Production". Also, my window sticker has no dealership destination, only the address for "Ford Testing Center".

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
FYI - The raptor assault program also has at least 1 pre-production truck. Obviously, the pre-prod trucks that they have are more heavily used than yours.

Good luck with the sale!

The shelby museum got a ridiculous sum of money for the 05 ford GT test mule pre-prod car that was in their collection. ( they were asking $2M US. From what I hear, the sales price wasn't that far off of that).

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would take it back to stock and start advertising, Some nut job some where is going to pay a premium for it. Maybe it's only 5k but someone will pony it up on speculation.