Trade-In Value from Dealers or private sell.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at ordering a 2017 and my dealer offered me 38k for my 2013 Supercab with 35K miles in great condition. Not sure if that's a lowball or fair deal? I was thinking 40k myself before I went in there.
Thoughts? What is everyone else selling or trading for?

Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
Jhillen50

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livonia, Michigan. About 20 mins from Detroit. Truck is fully loaded, except beadlock wheels and front camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 33,500 for my 2010 with 60,000 miles. That was a good deal at that time and it recently apprised for 37,000 with no significant mods. I live in Toledo, OH but purchased the truck in Paw Paw, MI. Personally, I think you can get more.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like they were in the low range, but not totally out of line for trade in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 62

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like they were in the low range, but not totally out of line for trade in.

Yup.

Looks like the Dealer gave you the low range to see if you were desperate OP.

You probably could squeeze an extra ~2k when you get really serious/going to trade in and buy that day.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
KBB has always been hit or miss for me, mostly miss. NJ they just dismiss it and don't bother even acknowledging KBB. I've paid for Galves to get the trade in value and it's usually dead one - specifically b/c the dealers in this area use it to value trades. You can still get more of course. I definitely think they're low balling you. Yes, there is a tax savings when trading in, but shit, I'd still expect full value for my truck since they'll make money on it one way or the other.