Trade Value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trading in my 12 Screw with about 35k miles on a 17 and they are giving me 40k for a trade in. What I have experienced about KBB and NADA is whatever they say is trade in value for that condition, take about $2k more off for what a dealer will give on trade. That has been the case for me on the past 3 trucks.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Traded my fully loaded 12 scab with extras @76k and dealer gave me 35k. Lots of scabs for sale around Chicago burbs for mid 30's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duracell24

Reaction score
How are you guys getting trade numbers before delivery? My local dealer refuses to give me a trade value on my current truck until the Raptor would come in. He wants me to order they Raptor and then said we can work the trade-in value in 3-4 months when Raptor is delivered. Says value will change in 3-4 months. I get that, but would feel totally at the dealer's mercy if the Raptor gets delivered with my deposit on it AND THEN we start negotiating my trade.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
It'll be worth more at Carmax or private party now, rather than when the reviews for the Gen II are out and they're on the lots.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you guys getting trade numbers before delivery? My local dealer refuses to give me a trade value on my current truck until the Raptor would come in. He wants me to order they Raptor and then said we can work the trade-in value in 3-4 months when Raptor is delivered. Says value will change in 3-4 months. I get that, but would feel totally at the dealer's mercy if the Raptor gets delivered with my deposit on it AND THEN we start negotiating my trade.

I just made it part of my deal. They gave me a trade value and I have a limit for mileage that I am not allowed to cross over. That limit is reasonable and protects us both as nobody wants to be negotiating when their new truck has arrived.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Won't selling it now allow you to get more money, cuz demand will shift to the Gen2 as soon as people see it on the streets ? I'm not expert but I know the new Gens coming out lower the old value as soon or soon before they come out correct

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Won't selling it now allow you to get more money, cuz demand will shift to the Gen2 as soon as people see it on the streets ? I'm not expert but I know the new Gens coming out lower the old value as soon or soon before they come out correct

That's usually how it works.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I already traded mine in. got the money on the spot.
value in a month dropped 15%, i was willing to let it drop another 15 before the 2017 arrived

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I told them I needed to know what they would give me for a trade so I had an idea going into the deal. They appraised it and said that offer would be good until my truck arrived. I was surprised myself but I have it in writing so they had better stick to it.