Too good to be true? 2014 Fully Loaded Back Screw 36,000$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy22

Reaction score
48,*** Odometer with every factory option that was available including blue interior accent. Priced at 36,000$ in Iowa.

I'm looking at this truck from out of state, but it looks clean in the pictures. Would rust be an issue with a 3 year old truck? Carfax has service done every 8k~ which isn't perfect but at least it was done.

The dealer offers a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, which i'm sure excludes cost to ship and or, whatever I spend if I go pick it up, but if it's a POS i'm not out 36k.

Thoughts?

Adam Ratatat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2010 with 50K miles for $36,000 at CarMax and the only thing it needed was the passenger door speaker replaced. I would look through the truck with a fine tooth comb but I have never seen a deal that good when I was looking.

I would also plan on doing minimal preventative maint, such as shock replacement, oil change, possible rear dif fluid change (depending on condition), check the life of the breaks and rotors, and that should be a good start. Good luck if you pick her up, looks like you may have a good deal!

OP
OP
R

Raptorguy22

Reaction score
Any chance we've got any Iowan's close to Des Moines?

Truck is at a wholesale place in Des Moines, maybe someone has the free time to inspect it for me, I could make it worth your while.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely would want someone, if not yourself, to look it over with a fine tooth comb.
I'm wary of those 30 day guarantees. Check for any fine print.

OP
OP
R

Raptorguy22

Reaction score
Definitely would want someone, if not yourself, to look it over with a fine tooth comb.
I'm wary of those 30 day guarantees. Check for any fine print.

The truck lived in Colorado for most of it's life, Purchase - mid 2017. It's only been in Iowa for about 7 months, which reduces the chance of rust.

I've got a copy of the buy back guarantee if anyone cares to read it.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Luck with choice. I have always heard "if it sounds-well you know! I have yet to see anything but dogged out 2014's less than 40K. Look around 2014's still bring high 40's and even into 50's. I would be very afraid of this truck. I learned the hard way. Bought a truck with a spotless Carfax, what a waste of money, later found out had been damaged. Went to Carfax and questioned, they and fine print state- clean of items REPORTED to Carfax. So get your buddy and shop to fix and no report. Again, good luck!