GEN 2 Will V8 sounds be piped to the cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is retarded. Kinda like putting a bag over an ugly face. Better, but still really ugly. I'm not hating on the V6TT here, just saying don't try to convince the people in the cab that there is something there that isn't. If they do it, they need to have external speakers too, so everyone that is close believes it.

Just leave it an ugly girl and hold it's hand and make it feel like all the pretty babes........

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This Porsche Cayenne Turbo doesnt sound all that bad...Listen to the video on good speakers, not laptop or phone speakers and youll get a better representations of the lows in the video.

You know that's a V8, right?

Yes, even Porsche has one.

---------- Post added 01-24-2016 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-23-2016 at 11:58 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNSKabQRcjE

This is what turbo V6s sound like. Worse than nails on a chalk board.

Luckily this is super easy for Ford to fix.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know that's a V8, right?

Yes, even Porsche has one.

---------- Post added 01-24-2016 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-23-2016 at 11:58 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNSKabQRcjE

My bad, youre right. I completely thought it was their ttv6. I should have checked prior to posting.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hello, Nancy here -

If you close your eyes what do you see when listening to this? I see a Honda or a Toyota. Not a Ford Raptor. It's a ******* shame in my book.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello, Nancy here -

If you close your eyes what do you see when listening to this? I see a Honda or a Toyota. Not a Ford Raptor. It's a ******* shame in my book.

Don't worry! Inside the cab it will sound completely different. The speakers will pump in real engine sounds! So it's all good!!!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would anyone even bother to start a Gen 2 thread around here? They all end up the same damn way with the same people arguing over the same petty ********. Honestly who gives a ****? These Gen 2 bashing threads are really getting annoying and boring. Can all the people who dont care about the Gen 2s just move on and over look this shit. Let these (potential) future owners have their fantasies about how great it will be. Personally i am getting sick of these threads and i am sure i am not the only one. I am in no way a fan of Fords decision to put a V6 in the most badass truck being built but i dont go in every Gen 2 thread and post about how God awful it is going to be, because guess what, Ford clearly does not care. Guess what maybe someday down the road Ford will decide to offer a V8 but till then, its not going to happen. The V6 Ecoboost is the Raptors future just get over it. (This post was not posed toward anyone in particular)
Rant over

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I hope they fake the shit out if the engine sounds, just an admission of fault in my book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make it sound like this and I'll be on board lol

Skip to 45sec

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would anyone even bother to start a Gen 2 thread around here? They all end up the same damn way with the same people arguing over the same petty ********. Honestly who gives a ****? These Gen 2 bashing threads are really getting annoying and boring. Can all the people who dont care about the Gen 2s just move on and over look this shit. Let these (potential) future owners have their fantasies about how great it will be. Personally i am getting sick of these threads and i am sure i am not the only one. I am in no way a fan of Fords decision to put a V6 in the most badass truck being built but i dont go in every Gen 2 thread and post about how God awful it is going to be, because guess what, Ford clearly does not care. Guess what maybe someday down the road Ford will decide to offer a V8 but till then, its not going to happen. The V6 Ecoboost is the Raptors future just get over it. (This post was not posed toward anyone in particular)
Rant over

Don't get your hopes up, this is all about EPA numbers. Ford has to meet the numbers that the Government sets in order to stay in business. I'm sure that continuing to build Raptors with V8's which get 13 mpg would be possible if they also built just as many 4 cylinder vehicles which got 60+ mpg. Trying to please everyone has got to be tough. Maybe that's why they're catch phrase is "Built Ford Tough"?

PS, I agree with everything else you wrote.