WiFi and auto Sync Updater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading a thread on here re: the newest Sync update available in beta (3.0), I went to check mine. I found that I still had Sync version 2.0 (2.2 was the newest official version). It said the last time it had updated was in January when I picked up my truck. Therefore I tried:
- manually scanning for updates but after 45 min I just kept getting a spinning circle.
- I ensured my WiFi was connected and I had good connection.
- I tried turning off the WiFi and then turning it back on.
- I tried connecting to my phone's WiFi hotspot and got the same unending spinning circle.
- I tried to connect to my wife's phone WiFi on a trip back from Seattle and got the same result.

So today I dropped my baby off at the dealership. They gave me a loaner and said it should be ready tomorrow unless they have to order parts. Has anyone else checked their last update and had this problem?? I will report back when I get a definitive answer in case this pops up for someone else.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My observation is that Lucille falsely reports she can update sync by wifi. I’m sure it is able to connect but like you, the connection never results in an update.

It’s possible the upgrade server isn’t responding, but I was on 2.2 and it wouldn’t update, I just did the sync update to 3.0 manually as described in the thread.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's new on the update. I used a USB on my 17 250 and that update SUCKED. Each time I shut the truck off it defaulted back to AM when I started it and slowed my voice commands way down as well as giving me random loss of connection to satellite for the navigation. And, you can't go back to the previous version