who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My version says 2.0 and the ford owner page connected to my VIN says I have the latest version? Feels like I am a couple versions behind here but according to ford I have the latest?

Mine says the same thing. Wonder if it has anything to do with having a Sony head unit vs non Sony.

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave up. I followed the instructions to the letter and the truck wouldn’t recognize the USB even after I reformatted the USB and tried it two more times.

Mine is now v3.0 as of this morning. I didn't do anything else since I checked it yesterday, just hopped in this morning and noticed the home screen was different. I used FAT32 formatting FWIW if you decide to try again, maybe try a different flash drive if you have one?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried 4 more times this today and the truck doesn't care.lol When i turned the truck on it shows the USB and says indexing and then Indexing complete, and thats it. No update no anything. Must be the Russians trying to keep me from making my sync 3 great again.lol

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I gave up. I followed the instructions to the letter and the truck wouldn’t recognize the USB even after I reformatted the USB and tried it two more times.

Did you try exfat or fat32 for format?

2 flies at root and a folder with contents is all you should see

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question: Did you guys start up your Rap to do the upgrade or just hit the "start" button to turn on accessory power?

(sorry if someone already posted this)

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrade just completed and successful. Will report back after a couple of weeks if there are any issues.

Upgraded from Sync 3 v2.0

Process I followed: formatted flash drive for exFAT, copied files, used flash drive with activity indicator (important for me!); started Raptor, inserted flash drive in first slot, upgrade took 20 mins.

Post upgrade observations: wifi pop-up, heated steering wheel icon on home screen

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stupid question: Did you guys start up your Rap to do the upgrade or just hit the "start" button to turn on accessory power?

(sorry if someone already posted this)

You can do either way - it was simple enough to do it on my drive to work one morning [emoji1303]