who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I went the USB route and it loaded Sync 3 with no issues. So much for the convenience of Wi-Fi........... I did the download from the ford.owner site.

KDCane

Reaction score
Got waze working on my 18.

I re upgraded to Sync 3.0. Then updated mobile apps and the next morning it showed up.

I didn’t really follow any steps just tried a bunch of stuff. I almost think it was a bad or incomplete 3.0 install because for the first time owner.ford.com shows I’m updated.

The only thing I can’t get working for the life of me is the Mobil Speedpass App. Anyone have that working? I have the app on my phone and Sync never finds it. Deleted and reinstalled a few times. Still nothing.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded several weeks ago. Are you guys saying the version I downloaded from the ford owners site is not the newest and I have to downgrade to version 2.x to upgrade to the latest build of version 3? What a %$*($%*#.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded several weeks ago. Are you guys saying the version I downloaded from the ford owners site is not the newest and I have to downgrade to version 2.x to upgrade to the latest build of version 3? What a %$*($%*#.

Doubtful. The version you got from Ford should be the correct version, 18025. Check and make sure.

scoresman903

Reaction score
So I was able to get Waze going on my Infotainment Screen. Yay!

The Waze App has to be in the forefront of my iPhone, but I can click the screen off (not just lower the brightness). Apple CarPlay is disabled; Waze is connected via USB and was selected over Navigation. If I re-engage CarPlay, that seems to taken priority over connection by USB - and so no Waze.

I have SYNC3, Version 3.0 - 18025. But every since installation via USB, it says it downloading JR3T-14G423-CA_103602.tar.gz via WiFi when I go to check Updates. What's that? Anybody?

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have SYNC3, Version 3.0 - 18025. But every since installation via USB, it says it downloading JR3T-14G423-CA_103602.tar.gz via WiFi when I go to check Updates. What's that? Anybody?

Same exact file but it only came up when I manually checked for system updates. I left it alone for 10 mins while I ran in the house. Came back out and it was gone so I think it just did its thing.