who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a USB Drive with a LED status indicator. If the LED is flashing then you know it is being read and it is working. If it's not flashing then something went wrong. Once the upgrade is complete, it will tell you to remove the drive and restart the truck. Mine took about 20 minutes total to complete.

I did the update this weekend. The LED indicator flashed as the files were being read from the drive, but it did not flash for the entire update process (which took a while)...

Morn

Reaction score
not yet, at least not on the iPhone/carplay

Keep watching the App Store for a Waze update. There hasn’t been one in a while, and they did say “April”, so I’m assuming/hoping the next one will enable what we need for this to work.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep watching the App Store for a Waze update. There hasn’t been one in a while, and they did say “April”, so I’m assuming/hoping the next one will enable what we need for this to work.

yeah, it's not a big deal for me anyways, I always have waze open and I stream Pandora so I get traffic notifications anyways.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any idea if using an external SSD with USB would prevent this update from working? I didn't have a thumb drive large enough handy so I tried using an external and it wouldn't update.

32gb thumb drive arriving from Amazon today in case..

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had some issues going with the official Ford 18025 download, I had previously installed Sync 3.0 Build 17194 and the update just wouldn't take. So I got the unofficial version of the 10825 build and installed it with no issues. But now I unable confirm the install through the Ford site. Does anyone know what the XML confirmation file looks like? I'd like to create one and upload it, so the sync version on Ford site is up to date and instead of saying "awaiting confirmation". Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Where did you source the unofficial 18025?

Same deal, been running the unofficial 17194 the last few months, upon loading the latest official 18025 it completes and says i have latest software, but stays at 17194. Assuming id need to go back to last official version 2.3 to be able to use the official 18025... or just load the unofficial 18025 version ontop of my 17194... Can anyone else confirm?

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is 1.0 to 2.2 - should apply right over everything... let it shutdown and reboot a few times, let it do it's thing... maybe do a hard reset too :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQFeUMz4d-Fif7o7WviDxRgiXlx-Ts_j/view?usp=sharing

Where did you source the unofficial 18025?

Same deal, been running the unofficial 17194 the last few months, upon loading the latest official 18025 it completes and says i have latest software, but stays at 17194. Assuming id need to go back to last official version 2.3 to be able to use the official 18025... or just load the unofficial 18025 version ontop of my 17194... Can anyone else confirm?
Same question, same issue.

Wouldnt update to the latest 18025. I was told we needed to step down and then step back up with the file that Toadster is hosting.

I havent tried it yet. My older 3.0 is working fine but if I get bored I might give it a shot but if can get the 18025 that overlays on the 17194 that would be ideal.

Last edited: