who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evan9r

Reaction score
Has anyone found a workaround for the "already updated" situation?

Im on build 17194 and when I download and try to install the latest update, it tells me SYNC is already up to date.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a workaround for the "already updated" situation?

Im on build 17194 and when I download and try to install the latest update, it tells me SYNC is already up to date.

your best bet will probably be update with the first 18025 file that was posted, it was only 450mb or something, i used that to upgrade from 17194 and have not had any issues. not sure if you can trick the system into updating itself.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to downgrade to 2.2 (it doesn't check for versions)
then update to the newest 1.5G version of 18025

this works with NAV enabled Sync3 - the non-Nav is a 2 step downgrade process...

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to downgrade to 2.2 (it doesn't check for versions)
then update to the newest 1.5G version of 18025

this works with NAV enabled Sync3 - the non-Nav is a 2 step downgrade process...

Toad,

Did you do this for the one just released by Ford or did you do that for the 'Beta' release?

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, just making sure, i went from 2.3 to 3.0 then the 18025 with the links provided, wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything haha.

there is no difference between the unofficial one vs the official one

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my second automatic ford update since uploading to 3.0 18025 with a flashdrive on 3/10. On 3/17 I received an auto update complete message and then today 3/24 when I turned truck on it started downloading an update. The update is different than the one I installed with flashdrive (JR3T-14G381) this update is JR3T-14G391 (see pic). I checked owner.ford and both wifi updates are listed. My flashdrive upload is not.

Took about 20min to complete, I opened my hood so the truck won’t turn off also shifted the car to drive and back to park periodically, truck must stay on to complete according to what I read.

Attachments

• IMG_0866.JPG
    IMG_0866.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 398

alpha7even

Reaction score
I feel like this process is ridiculously picky for what it is. I have a 64GB drive and have reformatted twice with exFAT and after it didnt work the 2nd time, I left it in there for 5 minutes. After that, it finally says "Updating System Software..."

The design and responsiveness of Sync in this situation is pretty horrid.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like this process is ridiculously picky for what it is. I have a 64GB drive and have reformatted twice with exFAT and after it didnt work the 2nd time, I left it in there for 5 minutes. After that, it finally says "Updating System Software..."

The design and responsiveness of Sync in this situation is pretty horrid.

Best thing to do is put the thumbdrive in there and just take it for a drive. i usually do it on my way to work. 15 minutes in and it is done.