who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Waze have to be updated through Apple for it to work in CarPlay?

Also, can you turn on the WiFi tethering option on your iPhone to have the Sync connect to that to check for a updates and download any available updates so you don't have to drive into your living room to get a connection?

I tried my phone hotspot and connected, it took even longer to search, same end result. Nothing

Lwlandy

Reaction score
I just took a trip out this afternoon and decided to plug the phone in as my battery was a little low. (I don't usually bother plugging it in as I listen to streamed radio that is not available via Android auto). Was pretty surprised to see Waze pop up on screen as a maps option underneath Google maps. So I gave it a go, its ok but a bit too chatty for my liking..maybe its my age.:)

Anyway thought I would mention it as I also checked and I am still running Sync 3 V2.3 that came on my truck from New (2018). So it looks like there is no Sync update required for Waze on android Auto.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone here have the 18025 already?

Ran the update to 18025 and it came back successful. Will report back over the next few days if there are any issues. Please don't DM me for the file as I won't be sharing it. Ford is cracking down on this stuff and I don't want to be the one to ruin the parade, haha. It's out there if you are a savvy Google searcher.

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my update on sunday, waited 2 days for xml file to show changes, looks like im up-to-date with 3.0, skipped 2.3

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

for those who dont know whats new in 3.0 coming from 2.x versions

1. Finally, the artists' album covers will be displayed from the mp3 file tag. Moreover, if there is no picture in the file, the cover will be pulled from the GraceNotes database.
2. Now you can rewind the song by moving the slider (free rewind, for mp3 files)
3. In the menu icons have been changed and in some places the font (player, messages, etc.) is increased
4. Improved the algorithm of interaction with AndroidAuto.
5. Changed the sound settings (frequency characteristics, subjectively for the better).
6. There was a search for applications on the USB device.
7. Improved the mode of darkening and smooth animation. In subsequent builds, as a rule, optimize the work of AndroidAuto and CarPlay, as well as fix minor bugs and shortcomings (which we even can not find with a magnifying glass).