who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

breal

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. The download finally started up again and after a whole evening of downloading, I'm now only updated to Sync 3 2.3.

How long did this take? I’m going on about 45 minutes now and still says “Scanning for Updates”. When you say “whole evening”, are you saying like several hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did this take? I’m going on about 45 minutes now and still says “Scanning for Updates”. When you say “whole evening”, are you saying like several hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it took forever. And if it says "Scanning for Updates," it isn't downloading anything. An actual message saying that it's downloading along with a progress bar will appear when it's downloading the update. Sometimes it would download, other times I would just get the same "Scanning for Updates" message that you received. If it keeps scanning for more than a few minutes, I would shut the truck off for 10 min. and then come back and try again.

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone else having scanning for updates issue? mine tries and eventually said "try again later, last attempt was unsuccessful"

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used Sync3 and Sitdowns instructions onto a thumb drive. Worked perfectly. So got the .2 version. Still is a dog for slow, so thinking my phone is to old. A 2 year old phone is an antique.

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be that the next sync3 map update could come in these little things :mwah1:

Attachments

• up310172-IMGi20180130i124754.jpg
    up310172-IMGi20180130i124754.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 79

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m willing to start a GoFundMe page to get this man a manicure.

Who is with me?

Lol!

Keep the leaks coming my friend! Love the info.

could be that the next sync3 map update could come in these little things :mwah1:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m willing to start a GoFundMe page to get this man a manicure.

Who is with me?

Lol!

Keep the leaks coming my friend! Love the info.

Guy, a manicure? I think we need to suspend your Man card.

damn, that’s low.

ok - serious question:

the latest 3.0 update:
one of the mirror links did not render a proper directory structure when unzipped-
missing the SyncMyRide directory.

The instructions say this is significant, so I got the one the blog site, and it did have the proper directory structure unzipped and installed fine.

Have any of you had this issue and were you able to workaround it - like by taking the files from the zip and copying to the USB:/SyncMyRide directory directly?

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy, a manicure? I think we need to suspend your Man card.

damn, that’s low.

ok - serious question:

the latest 3.0 update:
one of the mirror links did not render a proper directory structure when unzipped-
missing the SyncMyRide directory.

The instructions say this is significant, so I got the one the blog site, and it did have the proper directory structure unzipped and installed fine.

Have any of you had this issue and were you able to workaround it - like by taking the files from the zip and copying to the USB:/SyncMyRide directory directly?

Yes, I did that and it worked. It’s like they weren’t zipped up correctly. I just created the correct directory structure on the thumb drive and copied the files directly.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just on the Ford Owners website "Lifeline" chat and they seem to think that my system is on 2.2 when I "sideloaded" the 3.0 update from the links provided on this thread. They are assuring me that there is no official 3.0 update and that there isn't anything past 2.3 available through the Ford Owners website. In discussion with other Raptor owners, it seems like some of you are getting not only v3.0 to come up but also v3.2 through the Ford Owners website, is this true?

Because if you see the attachment.... I'm on 3.0 and cannot see any 3.2 update!

Attachments

• 2018-02-01 10.59.27.jpg
    2018-02-01 10.59.27.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 98