who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it. My truck was in the middle of downloading a big update via WiFi and didn't finish before it shut the power down. Now when I try to continue, I get stuck on "Scanning for Updates" forever. I'm still on v2.2 and I don't know if it was trying to download the update to 2.3 or 3.0. This is the first time I've ever seen it actually download anything.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna keep trying, but at this point, I'm not convinced you even can do an update via WiFi. I managed to get my download restarted and let it go for a while and when I came back 25 min. later it looked like things were finished. Checked the software version and it was still v2.2 Checked for updates and now the whole download process is starting all over again from the beginning.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh. The download finally started up again and after a whole evening of downloading, I'm now only updated to Sync 3 2.3.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm still on 2.3 and a wifi scan for updates says I'm up to date. Whats the best way to get to 3.0? When is 3.2 available?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Gonna keep trying, but at this point, I'm not convinced you even can do an update via WiFi. I managed to get my download restarted and let it go for a while and when I came back 25 min. later it looked like things were finished. Checked the software version and it was still v2.2 Checked for updates and now the whole download process is starting all over again from the beginning.

I agree, but there’s more than one component. First, the truck wifi is WEAK. Mine has to be about 20 feet or less from the source or it can’t do anything. It might connect, or prompt for a password, but once entered, cannot transfer any data.

Whatever server Ford is using I don’t think is provisioned to let users update sync. I’ve checked repeatedly prior to 3.0 upgrading and got nothing and I was on 2.1 I think. I think it’s saying “you are most current” as a NOP or null process response. I did the usb update to 3.0.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are such a complicated individual.

I feel like lurking beneath that smurfen exterior is a mad genius actively reprogramming his Raptor Radio.

Lol

I agree, but there’s more than one component. First, the truck wifi is WEAK. Mine has to be about 20 feet or less from the source or it can’t do anything. It might connect, or prompt for a password, but once entered, cannot transfer any data.

Whatever server Ford is using I don’t think is provisioned to let users update sync. I’ve checked repeatedly prior to 3.0 upgrading and got nothing and I was on 2.1 I think. I think it’s saying “you are most current” as a NOP or null process response. I did the usb update to 3.0.

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score