What is Forscan and How Do I Use It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to find a basics thread on this but all I see is everyone talking about it as if everyone on earth is already familiar with it.

Just got my 2018 a week ago and came across Forscan stuff while searching for *********** the stupid auto start/stop. I saw there's a wiring hack for it, but I gather I can disable the feature with Forscan.

Do I just buy one of these, download the Forscan Lite app, connect the two, and go?

I don't own or even know anyone who owns a Windows computer (100% Mac) so I have to use my iPhone.

Anything else I should know? How easy is it to screw up my truck or void the warranty with this software?

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, you can’t use your phone. You need a windows laptop or tablet (there are cheap recommendations listed in the tutorial below) or a Mac running boot camp or vm ware. Cheap laptop is the best option. I picked up a Lenovo from best buy for 149.99

Here is absolutely everything you need to know about Forscan including a tutorial and detailed spreadsheet:

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forscan-software-enable-disable-features-your-truck-348987/

Tutorial:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/mobilebasic

If you back up your settings profile before you start making modifications, you can always revert back to factory in a matter of seconds. Some common changes that are made include: turn off auto start/stop, change daytime running light configuration, increasing power point time out, enabling auto fold/unfold when locking/unlocking truck, turning off seat belt reminders, changing sync 3 themes, turning off double honk when key is left in truck, etc. Forscan is an awesome tool, there are hundreds of changes you can make to your truck to better suit your needs. Just follow the tutorial. In there, you will even find tutorial videos on making backups and making Forscan changes. The recommended obd2 modules are also listed along with tablets and cheap laptops if you don’t have a windows computer already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to find a basics thread on this but all I see is everyone talking about it as if everyone on earth is already familiar with it.

Just got my 2018 a week ago and came across Forscan stuff while searching for *********** the stupid auto start/stop. I saw there's a wiring hack for it, but I gather I can disable the feature with Forscan.

Do I just buy one of these, download the Forscan Lite app, connect the two, and go?

I don't own or even know anyone who owns a Windows computer (100% Mac) so I have to use my iPhone.

Anything else I should know? How easy is it to screw up my truck or void the warranty with this software?

You can always do what I did for $6...

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/anyone-experience-engine-misfire-oil-burning-up-59999/index5.html#post1270197

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what version of forscan do i need for my 18 gen2. I'm about as computer illiterate as they come!

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2.3.19 beta? This is what I’ve downloaded and it’s asking for activation code, how do I find that? I have registered and been approved on the forscan forum. I’m so lost!