GEN 2 Upgrading Speakers & Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would caution everyone who hasn't done an upgrade yet, that while the factory system is hardly worth mentioning, it is pretty well matched. Once you start upgrading, it really highlights the other weaknesses.

I know how it goes for me. I say I'm not going to upgrade the stereo. Then before you know it, I'll upgrade the door speakers. Then I will have to upgrade the sub because it sounds like crap with the new speakers. Then I'll decide I need to add an amp for the separates because the sub overpowers them. It never ends. Down the rabbit hole.

Being an audiophile means your never satisfied, because it can always sound better.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noah, what if someone was looking for a sub upgrade and not the speakers right now. I have already shut off the Auto start stop so I don't have to worry about that.
I would like there to be something in the stock space as to allow me to still use the storage area under the rear seat.

Any ideas on this?
i havent been able to get a truck to play with yet, but i will be working on something as soon as i can

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me give yall some help. as of recently i purchased 6 6.5in subs (subs) not mid bass drivers. they use less airspace than a 12in sub an you can run a ported box. on a TERMLAB spl metering setup 2 12's were 135 DB an the 6.5's were 138.6DB's. due to the ported box the bass is deep an tight an sounds night an day better. i was skeptical at first to but they really play. just my .02!! i can get pics if needed.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me give yall some help. as of recently i purchased 6 6.5in subs (subs) not mid bass drivers. they use less airspace than a 12in sub an you can run a ported box. on a TERMLAB spl metering setup 2 12's were 135 DB an the 6.5's were 138.6DB's. due to the ported box the bass is deep an tight an sounds night an day better. i was skeptical at first to but they really play. just my .02!! i can get pics if needed.

Post pics.

apatchin

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to the forum but not to Raptors. I just picked up my 2017 a few days ago. Still own my 2014 SE. I upgraded the factory speakers and sub with nav tv in my 2014 and want to do the same to my gen2. I noticed right away that they moved the stock sub from under the rear passenger seat to somewhere else? anyone know where? or is there not a stand alone subwoofer anymore? I ask because this is where tapped the line for my JL previously. TIA

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to the forum but not to Raptors. I just picked up my 2017 a few days ago. Still own my 2014 SE. I upgraded the factory speakers and sub with nav tv in my 2014 and want to do the same to my gen2. I noticed right away that they moved the stock sub from under the rear passenger seat to somewhere else? anyone know where? or is there not a stand alone subwoofer anymore? I ask because this is where tapped the line for my JL previously. TIA

Its behind the back seat in the center i believe, if you fold the bottom seat up from the driver side and look under you will see about 10% of the sub.

There should be a latch behind the seat to be able to fold the back section down.

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2010 (I'm selling it today.), and I had a stereo guy who was going to bypass the system on my nav screen and make it so my system would play movies while driving. *Does this make sense?

So I'm taking delivery of my 2017G2 (Avalanche) on Monday. Will it be possible to hack the system to play movies on the screen? While driving? How would that even work now that cd players have gone away? Any way to Bluetooth the same content I can get on my iPhone screen to the navy screen?

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2010 (I'm selling it today.), and I had a stereo guy who was going to bypass the system on my nav screen and make it so my system would play movies while driving. *Does this make sense?

So I'm taking delivery of my 2017G2 (Avalanche) on Monday. Will it be possible to hack the system to play movies on the screen? While driving? How would that even work now that cd players have gone away? Any way to Bluetooth the same content I can get on my iPhone screen to the navy screen?

There is a wire that is usually ran to the parking brake(-/ground) which once applied then allows for movies to be played. Basically if you just ground that wire you should be able to play movies at all times. At least this is how it was when I last did it.

*Liability Disclaimer so you don't blame me for anything. "It's not safe to do that, I do not recommend"
:wink:

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0271.jpg"]http://IMG_0271.jpg[/URL]

IMG_5393.jpg"]http://IMG_5393.jpg[/URL]

Last edited: