GEN 2 Upgrading Speakers & Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Hertz speakers also, never seen that processor?

More R&D to do :)

I have never owned Hertz but all the reading i have done they are Top 3.

I have always done full kicker installs due to getting employee pricing, but i want the raptor to have something even better!

From my understanding about the Audison Processor is that it’s Digital, allows you to take the signal from the factory radio and send it to your amplifier’s, with the added 32 band EQ per channel so you can make it sound better than any aftermarket head unit, but you would probably need a shop to ether install it or see if the shop can tune it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a few owners i have been talking to regarding this. so far we are looking at pretty much the same equipment. the mosconi 6to8 processor, focal front and rear speakers, focal sound deadening and amps all depend on how much you want to spend. probably going to go with the audiomobile slim subwoofers as we have had great experiences with their subs so far. as soon as i get a raptor to work on, i will have a sub solution. until then im on hold until i find a local owner willing to part with their truck for a few days. looks to be right on par with our $10k package we did for the first gen though.

the hertz/audison stuff is good, but i prefer the mosconi because i can change the frequency of a specific band when im tuning. for example, if i see through the rta, a spike or drop at 920 hz i dont have to adjust 800hz and 1k hz to level it out. (all processors are 1/3 octave) i can change a band to that specific frequency and make the adjustment. as well as more choices with the eq curve options.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok who is going to do some serious upgrading?

I'm thinking JL Audio speakers, sub and amps.
I replaced all my door speakers with JBL and custom built my own sub box with 2 Memphis 12's and a Memphis amp mounted on the back wall.

Something I wish I had known sooner- yes the rear seat folds and yes there is hella space back there!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm assuming he subscribed to the thread to be notified when there's new posts added.

He should just go to "thread tools" button above the first post and click on subscribe instead of cluttering up threads.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listen to Noah (Car Stereo Company).

He helped be build an awesome system in my 14 and we are going even crazier in the 17 with Focal Utopias.

Yep, you guys are missing out going with Noah. Mine is awesome and the more I've read on high end car audio, Noah has his systems spot on. Go with what you want, but you'll definitely be crazy not at least visiting with Noah.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks guys.

everyone interested should definitely not hesitate to ask questions. even if its just a basic amp and speaker upgrade, thats what im here for. give answers to you and make sure you get what you need, and not what some sales guy is trying to sell you. and for those of you who want to go the sq route with a serious system, i am a sq judge. i know what it takes for good sound. keeping you all informed is my duty.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Ok who is going to do some serious upgrading?

I'm thinking JL Audio speakers, sub and amps.
before you pull the trigger, you should figure out what kind of system you want. it will help in your upgrade descision

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys.

everyone interested should definitely not hesitate to ask questions. even if its just a basic amp and speaker upgrade, thats what im here for. give answers to you and make sure you get what you need, and not what some sales guy is trying to sell you. and for those of you who want to go the sq route with a serious system, i am a sq judge. i know what it takes for good sound. keeping you all informed is my duty.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

before you pull the trigger, you should figure out what kind of system you want. it will help in your upgrade descision

Noah, what if someone was looking for a sub upgrade and not the speakers right now. I have already shut off the Auto start stop so I don't have to worry about that.
I would like there to be something in the stock space as to allow me to still use the storage area under the rear seat.

Any ideas on this?

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He should just go to "thread tools" button above the first post and click on subscribe instead of cluttering up threads.

So much irony in your post. While I do agree with you, his one word response didn't cause that much inconvenience compared to the dozens of other trolls around here.

Anyhow, it all depends on what you're looking for and what you want to spend. Unless you know what you want, an aftermarket amp/sub combo is a good starting point and gauge where you want to go from there.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So much irony in your post.

Oh, I was well aware of that when I posted it. I posted so if 50 people read my post and go "Hmm, I didn't know that was there" we could save hundreds of future subbed/subd/subscribe/subscribed posts littering other threads. Sucks to scroll through that crap on every forum. Plus it just shows how skilled I am on the 'net compared to those who are "subbin" and makes me feel a million times better about myself :Big Laugh:.