Upgrading Sound System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The DRis

Reaction score
I really enjoy listening to music on good speakers. Stock speakers, no matter what upgrade package, just don't ever seem to really cut it. My F150 I'm driving now was upgraded by the previous owner. The door panel/arm rest never really looked like it was reinstalled correctly, and there were issues with the speaker cutting in and out because of a loose wife on install. I had to take the door panel off to fix it and no matter how hard I tried to get it back on like from the factory it just doesn't seem to be the same.

Any of you have experience with after market installs and how to keep there from being any door rattle or gaps/cracks that aren't there?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
knowing how things come apart is very important. pulling on a panel that hasnt had all the bolts or screws taken out, or pulling the panel in the wrong direction will cause these types of issues. the videos JanT posted will show you locations of all the bolts, clips and screws.

NOLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on my posting about sound deadener install. I have some tips and pics in there that might help you put it back on.

NOLA