Sync3 / Android / Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I'm not either. Point I'm making is there's numerous threads of people having issues with their android and the truck. Simple fix get an iPhone. Like I said I admitted to having no valuable fix just an opinion of what works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read almost every thread on here. I've not seen numerous threads on issues with Androids. I can't even say I've seen more than 2 counting this one.I have seen a few (3 if my memory serves me) about Apple Car play issues. Even if there were numerous threads about Android issues, it would really be more attributed to the number of different Android phone makes, models, and software versions. I will credit Apple being easier to implement because it has a very tight control on software/hardware. That means that MFGs like Ford only have to make the software play nice with one very specific hardware/software combination. Android could involve literally hundreds of different hardware/software versions to code around.

Not sure replacing your smart phone is a simple fix. Seems a bit drastic.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have an iPhone and have zero issues. Car companies are geared to make their systems work better with iOS than android os because it reaches a larger crowd. I know this doesn't help your situation but maybe think about getting an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not big on the Druid OS as I call it, and have had numerous iPhones, no android/druids. But android is outselling, probably a lot to do with the rather pricey nature of the iPhone in comparison to a comparable off brand.

From what I’ve seen from my shooting buddy, the Android does a couple things a little better, but... IOS is the industry standard by which the measurement is taken and he’s had numerous problems with QC both h/w and software. YMMV

that said, it should work with the Sync system. My experience with iPhone and bluetooth with Sync3 is less than stellar. In fact, the playback is kind of $hit. The only time I had a trouble free music play was at the dealer. every other time I’ve had music interrupted by poor connection.

edit to add: Unless I’m washing the truck, and the truck isn’t moving. because sometimes I wash the truck via powerful thunderstorm :)

Mountainkiter

Reaction score
Skipping bluetooth on android

I noticed frequent skipping or hiccups when playing even downloaded Spotify music through Bluetooth. I found that if I turned OFF WIFI, the Bluetooth skipping went away. Seems like the sync 3 is overloaded?. Anyway, you may try turning off wifi to see if it helps your Bluetooth. it helped mine