Sync Connect & FordPass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dasbury

Reaction score
Greetings,

I didn't know what to think about Sync Connect and the FordPass App at first, however, I have started using it, and find it quite useful. As I walked out of the airport the other day I started the truck (range is no issue) to cool it down - I live in FL. Then as I got closer I unlocked it and stepped right in. I know, not a big deal, but if you have the technology, why not use it. Yesterday they updated the app and added some additional features, and I heard they just hired 400 new software developers to do more work on it. This could end up being quite impressive. Anyone else using it?

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I havent really figured out how to get mine to work. I had ford pass app, but it just let me log maintenance, and put in my home dealer, it didnt really do shit, and I saw no remote start option.

OP
OP
dasbury

dasbury

Reaction score
are you sure that your truck has Sync Connect? If so, you should be able to lock, unlock, start, scheduled starts, and track your truck - when I'm out of town I often look to see if the truck is at home, or where my wife is driving it :)

VicSalinas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just started using the Ford pass app yesterday. I live in Texas where the weather is hot as hell most days. Mostly use it to start the truck from inside the building 10 minutes or so before I clock out of work for the day and walk the 100 or so meters to where it's parked. Beats the hell out of getting to my truck and having to sit on hot leather. Pretty cool tech.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're on a strict schedule, I noticed you can SCHEDULE the truck to remote start. Never tried it, and not sure if it's a great idea, but the feature is there.