Sync 3 map reagin change !!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qatar2022

Reaction score
hi everyone
i’m new in this fourm and i hope great time for everyone in here
i bought my ford raptor 2017 from usa taxes and i export it to gulf country GCC especially to QATAR and as you know the radio fm and am frequency ODD symbol and i take my car to the ford dealer the frequency to even number and it cost me around 400$ now when i asked them to change the map region from USA to GCC region because new models dosnt have cd slot for map and the answer was it’s not possible if you want to change you have to take your raptor back to usa
is there any way to do that instead to use carplay or android

with regards for everyone

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there not an SD card slot to input the maps anymore? That's how navigation runs on 2013 to my knowledge.

As for car play / Android auto I'm sure there is a way to stream the phone map to the screen. Might take some searching but I bet it's there!

Good luck, hopefully somebody else in your situation can give better input!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can run Google maps and waze maps in android auto... carplay not so much... you have waze in QATAR? Google ur best bet... works good

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In your situation I would reach out to Ford Customer Service. You'd think they would provide you with the proper map for your area when exporting.

LSUcajun504

Reaction score
hi everyone
i’m new in this fourm and i hope great time for everyone in here
i bought my ford raptor 2017 from usa taxes and i export it to gulf country GCC especially to QATAR and as you know the radio fm and am frequency ODD symbol and i take my car to the ford dealer the frequency to even number and it cost me around 400$ now when i asked them to change the map region from USA to GCC region because new models dosnt have cd slot for map and the answer was it’s not possible if you want to change you have to take your raptor back to usa
is there any way to do that instead to use carplay or android

with regards for everyone

Does Ford sell the Raptor in Qatar? If they do, then there should be a Qatar or Middle East specific version of the Sync software that should be able to be updated via USB port in the truck. Isn't the maps updates a part of the Sync software updates? So a Middle East region version of Sync software should have regional maps for that area.

Not sure if it would work or not, just trying to come up with an idea

OP
OP
Q

qatar2022

Reaction score
I try to contact them via twitter and Because of the current situation in the Gulf region and because the head office of the Ford Company in middle east in the United Arab Emirates
one of the countries of the blockade on Qatar have been contacted and did not respond to me and also ignored my message so can you help me?

OP
OP
Q

qatar2022

Reaction score
what i mean is to change the map region from USA to GCC that’s it i don’t want to use apple or android because i don’t use any smartphone i use only Vertu phone like this

c23-signature-black-leather.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts