Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]

Sync 3 laggy and slow?

This is a discussion on Sync 3 laggy and slow? within the Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Had my truck about 7 months and in the past week or so, Sync suddenly started being laggy and taking ...

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Sync 3 laggy and slow?
Had my truck about 7 months and in the past week or so, Sync suddenly started being laggy and taking 5-10 seconds (occasionally even a little longer) for simple input from steering wheel controls or touch screen to register. Things like switching the radio channel (whether by touchscreen or steering wheel control), the chime for voice command after pressing the button, switching between FM and Sirius.

I've tried connecting to Wifi and checking for software update to see if that would fix it, but apparently I was already up to date. Tried the Sync 3 master reset twice. Tried disconnecting my phone's bluetooth. Nothing has solved it yet. Anybody else experience this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I know I could bring it in to the dealer under warranty, but thats a pain in the ass to deal with...so trying to see if I can figure this out somehow on my own.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by LSUcajun504; 11-09-2017 at 02:43 PM.
LSUcajun504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Iíve noticed poor response time switching songs from the iPhone over bluetooth but otherwise ok response.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mine has frozen a few times for about 15 seconds while driving, but then reboots and seems to be fine again. I'm hoping a future update resolves the problem, but it hasn't bothered me enough to take it to the dealer.
DinoMight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Iíve had issues the past 3 weeks with Bluetooth dropping the connection constantly with an iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icom F5021,RPG Stg 4+ Fox 3.0 coilovers, RPG Tie-rods (modified to camburg hardware), RPG PS reservoir, Camburg 1.25" UCA's , Raptor -Retro fit '13 HIDS, Line-x preminum, Bluewater LED bed lights, Ipad mini navigation. Bubba rope. Rollx, Recon 10.5k winch synth rope, factor 55, SVC Custom acuated tower. Visions 30" xmitter extreme, 35" toyo MT, visionx 6550 spot.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

have you upgraded to version 3.0?

who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Toadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Toadster View Post
have you upgraded to version 3.0?

who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

No. I was still on 2.2 until I downloaded the 2.3 update from Ford's website earlier today and installed the update via USB. Still has lag issues. Hesitant to install an "unofficial" 3.0 version downloaded from a source besides Ford in case I end up bringing it to the dealership to be looked at
Old 11-08-2017, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Sync is running on a computer, like IOS or OSX, Windows, Linux, etc. and once in a while these OS become, well, a little recalcitrant and uncooperative. Sometimes, the simplest answer is the best.

--Ripley
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Over the past 2 weeks since the lag issue started, bluetooth connection started dropping in and out and Navigation is sometimes showing me as being in a location I was in hours before or not showing me moving at all despite the truck being in motion.

After a couple of master resets, doing a 2.3 software update via USB, and calling Ford's 800 number for Sync tech support and having them try to troubleshoot it, the tech support rep told me to bring it to the dealership which is where its at now.