SYN3 ISSUES-Ford has Service Bulletin out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Gen2 back from dealer (moonRoof Fixed-there is a TSB out on them failing)

I also had them hard reset my Syc3 system..bottons were lazy, GPS loses lock(NOGPS), voice commands lock everything up.
The hard reset did not fix it!
The tech told me FORD is aware of the problems and the Syc3 module needs replaced.
The syc3 modules are back ordered and No one in the US has them.

On top of that, Ford just released another memo stating they know there is bad code in the new modules(which should be coming) and no known fix at this date!

BTW-you have to take the truck back to Ford and get error codes pulled out in order to qualigfy for a new module install

SO basically if your Sync 3 goes down...your shnit out of luck-No FIX anytime soon

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
good info. any chance you have more detailed TSB info on these?

I wasn’t aware of a moon roof tsb.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got my Gen2 back from dealer (moonRoof Fixed-there is a TSB out on them failing)

I also had them hard reset my Syc3 system..bottons were lazy, GPS loses lock(NOGPS), voice commands lock everything up.
The hard reset did not fix it!
The tech told me FORD is aware of the problems and the Syc3 module needs replaced.
The syc3 modules are back ordered and No one in the US has them.

On top of that, Ford just released another memo stating they know there is bad code in the new modules(which should be coming) and no known fix at this date!

BTW-you have to take the truck back to Ford and get error codes pulled out in order to qualigfy for a new module install

SO basically if your Sync 3 goes down...your shnit out of luck-No FIX anytime soon

Pano SCREW roof or conventional SCAB roof?

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got the Big cab with Pano roof

The front edge was down below roofline and leaking. There is evidently a known problem with pins or rails going bad. theyve seen it already

quick fix is to double hit your close button fast and it will bring the edge up high enough to close the gap-just wont open it.

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sync Three Failure info from Dealer-not good!

So 2 weeks back my sync3 went bananas, lost GPS, 911 capability off, buttons slow or non responsive, Bluetooth dropping music every 2 minutes or completely, voice activation slow and screens overlapping.

Dealer did a hard reset-said it would be fine...2 miles down road everything was the same as listed above.

Took it in today , they needed to capture error codes from the sync module to request a new one.

Tech said sync2 was designed for android compatibility, Sync 3 was designed to be Apple compatible but after designing an Apple chipset into it, Apple renigged and wouldn't work with them. Ford got Blackberry to write the interface code which is part of the failure.

SO for now, replacement modules are scarce and when the dealer gets them, they have to load the codes that match your vehicle. The code Ford has passed along for the Raptors is faulty and wont work-giving the same results I see right now!

Spent alot of $$$ for premium stereo that doesn't work now!

Weird thing is, up until 2 weeks ago it worked flawlessly! I didnt do any updates or changes to code?? and it just Sh*t the bed?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had his module replaced on mine. It completely stopped tracking gps location a d would spin in circles.

Dealer orders the module and that day I had it back. Has been working flawless since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently there are no modules avail ? my dealer had the highest F150 sales in the US, I imagine they have the lifeline if needed to Ford. Then when the unit does arrive, they have to drop Raptor specific code into it to function in my platform and that isnt avail either.

Meanwhile my Nav, Bluetooth, GPS, and radio functions are either completely gone or crippled to the point that I cant use it.

Does anyone know if there is a 3mm audio input anywhere in our GEN2?

Even the usb is hosed for getting music thru the system

Jackkk

Reaction score
Di the parts come in.....were your repairs successful? Mine started doing all the above.

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get mine done and it fixed everything.

That was on my 017, I have an 018 now with no issues