STEREO UPGRADE - Audio System Worthy of a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dynamat is yet to be installed on the doors...

FYI - According to PAC, the module eliminates the need to disconnect the fake engine noise. Sounds like you only need to disconnect the wiring when you use the line in from the amp summing the signal through a DSP (i.e., Fix, Clean Sweep, Audison, etc.). Since this unit utilizes the signal before the amp, theres no need to eliminate it.

Either way, I'll post pics, experiences, etc. once the truck comes back from the installers.

Tanks for the info. Not worried about the fake engine noise. First mod I did was turn that silliness off!

Reaction score
Can anyone who's put a sub box behind the seat comment if the super crew seats still have enough room to fold up? My installers are having a hard time making that work with a 10" ported JL box behind the seat. I may lose that functionality and wonder if others have as well.

Thanks!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good luck with a jl woofer. even their shallow mounts require too much depth to put back there. will have to try a fiberglass box. mdf box wont fit

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. i couldnt resist

Attachments

• IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 98

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PAC Pro

Currently having a "Raptor Worthy" system installed in my 2017 by Elevated Audio in Denver, CO. The most exciting piece of the build is using the new PAC Audio PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD21. This piece claims to provide a clean, level signal that avoids all of the amplifier adjustments with volume changes. It also preserves all of the factory integration with door chimes, collision avoidance, bluetooth, etc.

Installation Components:
- PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD21 - creates level signal before the amps with preamp outputs.
- Morel Tempo Ultra 602 - replacing front door speakers/tweeters
- Morel Tempo Ultra 602 Integra - replacing rear door speakers
- JL Audio XD 1000 Amp - will drive new fronts, rears, and sub.
- JL Audio TW3 10" shallow mount subwoofer in a custom ported box behind the rear seats.

I'll post more photos when the build it done, but wanted to share the components with the forum.

So with the PAC Pro you get rid of the factory Sony amp and all of the wiring is new? so what are you using to tune the signal after?

Iceman6996

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not sure if 7" speakers would fit without modifications or if the DM-608 unit would work for you. Give Matt a call 508-620-7321 - he knows these system inside and out...

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Yes, I pulled the jack, but everything else stayed. The stock jack is a joke anyway, and I plan to get a real jack and store it in a small storage box in the bed.

7” do fit in the doors

Mountainkiter

Reaction score
Custom sub enclosure size/ performance

[*]2 Pioneer TS-SW2002D4 8" Subwoofers – installed in custom enclosure
\

View attachment 85650

View attachment 85651

View attachment 85652

View attachment 85653[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

So you mentioned the custom sub enclosure, wondering how happy you are with the performance, and if you know more about the construction/ size /dimensions of that box, thickness of wood. seems like a pretty small space for 2 8 inch subwoofers, but likely gets you much better bass than just one.