STEREO UPGRADE - Audio System Worthy of a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Northcreek

Reaction score
Status update

Hi, Just got my 2017 Raptor and disappointed with the sound. I'm not too far from Framingham, so thinking about contacting Luxury Details based on your installation. Before I do that, wondering if you could give an update on how your installation is working out. Any gotchas that have surfaced? Does the original nav system and ability to plug in iPhone and use Sirius XM and the alarm system all still work as before (just trying to determine what original functionality may have been impacted)? Also, re. Sound quality and road noise, did the dynamat make a big difference? I'm impressed with how quiet the vehicle is, so it doesn't seem like dynamat would make much difference in this model, but tell me if I'm wrong.
Thanks much!

Reaction score
Currently having a "Raptor Worthy" system installed in my 2017 by Elevated Audio in Denver, CO. The most exciting piece of the build is using the new PAC Audio PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD21. This piece claims to provide a clean, level signal that avoids all of the amplifier adjustments with volume changes. It also preserves all of the factory integration with door chimes, collision avoidance, bluetooth, etc.

Installation Components:
- PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD21 - creates level signal before the amps with preamp outputs.
- Morel Tempo Ultra 602 - replacing front door speakers/tweeters
- Morel Tempo Ultra 602 Integra - replacing rear door speakers
- JL Audio XD 1000 Amp - will drive new fronts, rears, and sub.
- JL Audio TW3 10" shallow mount subwoofer in a custom ported box behind the rear seats.

I'll post more photos when the build it done, but wanted to share the components with the forum.

Attachments

• IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2666.jpg
    IMG_2666.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2668.jpg
    IMG_2668.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently having a "Raptor Worthy" system installed in my 2017 by Elevated Audio in Denver, CO. The most exciting piece of the build is using the new PAC Audio PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD21. This piece claims to provide a clean, level signal that avoids all of the amplifier adjustments with volume changes. It also preserves all of the factory integration with door chimes, collision avoidance, bluetooth, etc.

Installation Components:
- PAC AmpPRO AP4-FD21 - creates level signal before the amps with preamp outputs.
- JL Audio TW3 10" shallow mount subwoofer in a custom ported box behind the rear seats.

I'll post more photos when the build it done, but wanted to share the components with the forum.
yup a JL fix 86 works too wit sony intergration.

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw if you didn't disable the "active noise control" aka fake engine noise you gonna need to unless u wanna hear horrible noise thru your subs of fake exhaust

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you disable? Did you disconnect the feed from audio, or did you make changes through Forscan?
i pulled the wires 10/20 green and gray & 8/18 pink and green from the plug to the sony method.

i'm not a ******** fan yet :crazy:

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

How did you disable? Did you disconnect the feed from audio, or did you make changes through Forscan?
nice setup btw, i'm all jl myself. c5-65x's front/rear tweet and that stealthbox wit a 900a. dynomate all doors.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Installation Components:

No sound deadening on the doors? or is that yet to come? I'll be interested to see how you like the PAC vs some of the other solutions out there at the moment. I'm trying to decide what I want to go with.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No sound deadening on the doors? or is that yet to come? I'll be interested to see how you like the PAC vs some of the other solutions out there at the moment. I'm trying to decide what I want to go with.

^^"dynomate all doors". misspelled. i aint to smart without spell check
dynamat all doors

Reaction score
Dynamat is yet to be installed on the doors...

FYI - According to PAC, the module eliminates the need to disconnect the fake engine noise. Sounds like you only need to disconnect the wiring when you use the line in from the amp summing the signal through a DSP (i.e., Fix, Clean Sweep, Audison, etc.). Since this unit utilizes the signal before the amp, theres no need to eliminate it.

Either way, I'll post pics, experiences, etc. once the truck comes back from the installers.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dynamat is yet to be installed on the doors...

FYI - According to PAC, the module eliminates the need to disconnect the fake engine noise. Sounds like you only need to disconnect the wiring when you use the line in from the amp summing the signal through a DSP (i.e., Fix, Clean Sweep, Audison, etc.). Since this unit utilizes the signal before the amp, theres no need to eliminate it.

Either way, I'll post pics, experiences, etc. once the truck comes back from the installers.
ah. was wondering why ur dash was apart. that makes sense. lot more work but whatever if thats the way it work cool