STEREO UPGRADE - Audio System Worthy of a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thats very stealth.
Im curious on the subs, I know they aren't "high end"
Are you happy with the sound?
Im about 25 mins from Framingham.

OP
OP
BlackScab

BlackScab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thats very stealth.
Im curious on the subs, I know they aren't "high end"
Are you happy with the sound?
Im about 25 mins from Framingham.

Very happy with the subs so far, more than enough bass. Plus, I've heard these will continue to get better as they break in, somewhere between 30-40 hours.

They're not the top end subs for sure, but certainly not bottom end either.

Believe it or not, in my understanding $6k is mid range for a custom audio setup like mine, and high end systems can run $10k and up.

Matt can accomodate any budget and will work with you to get the best bang for your buck...

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice install! Had a couple questions. Do you think that 7" speakers would fit in place of the 6.5"? Just looking at some different options.

Also, I assume that the DM-608 would be sufficient as opposed to the DM-810?

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they have to pull the jack and accompanying equipment out to get all of that on the passenger side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BlackScab

BlackScab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice install! Had a couple questions. Do you think that 7" speakers would fit in place of the 6.5"? Just looking at some different options.

Also, I assume that the DM-608 would be sufficient as opposed to the DM-810?

Hi, I'm not sure if 7" speakers would fit without modifications or if the DM-608 unit would work for you. Give Matt a call 508-620-7321 - he knows these system inside and out...

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Did they have to pull the jack and accompanying equipment out to get all of that on the passenger side?

Yes, I pulled the jack, but everything else stayed. The stock jack is a joke anyway, and I plan to get a real jack and store it in a small storage box in the bed.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered if there was room for subs in the back of a scab. And now I know thanks.

sumat

Reaction score
inspired by the setup. going to use similar components. hoping i can fit two shallow mount 10" in a sealed enclosure in the same location.