GEN 2 Stereo Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so just ordered everything;

JL Audio FIX86

JL Audio HD750/1 AMP

JL Audio HD600/4 AMP

JL Audio SB-F-150-SPRCRW/13TW5v2/BK: Stealthbox

FOCAL 6.5 PS165FX

FOCAL 6.5 PC165F

What does everyone think?

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good components but it's all going to depend upon who's doing the work and setup/tuning.
The Fix86 is a good basic processor but if you have the B&O or the Sony (depending upon year and trim level) then I'd look at an AudioControl DM-810 or a BitOne. Either will allow you to keep all your channels the way they are now - and even bi-amp your front components rather than use the crossovers.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installation

good components but it's all going to depend upon who's doing the work and setup/tuning.
The Fix86 is a good basic processor but if you have the B&O or the Sony (depending upon year and trim level) then I'd look at an AudioControl DM-810 or a BitOne. Either will allow you to keep all your channels the way they are now - and even bi-amp your front components rather than use the crossovers.

I haven't installed a system in over 10 years, so I'm letting my stereo shop
{ Advanced Car Creations } do the install, they have been a family owed business for over 20 years with a great reputation. Its a 2017 so Sony, I'll run it by them to see what they say.

seeing how i'm no expert I very much appreciate the input and suggestions.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
use the PAC converter and the Mosconi processor. Hopefully they know how to tune because these trucks aren't easy to get tuned. JL aint what they used to be. just my .02

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my truck yesterday and it sounds amazing, only thing i need to do is have the dealer turn off the motor sound.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dm-810

Ok so the DM-810 takes the signal from the head unit and bypasses the stock Sony amp and stock wiring. That would really be the cleanest sounding way to go?