Speaker Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread guys and I wish I had something to add, but modern audio systems are beyond me. Couple of areas I'd like to confirm with you:

1) As VegasRaptor18 said above, you can't bypass the factory AMP but need to add a DSP unit to regain the original (unaltered) signal? Are these "DSP units" also AMP's or do you need a DSP unit AND an AMP (for the door/rear deck speakers). I'll be adding a separate sub and amp in the trunk.

2) I just read jakeO's comment about being able to accomplish the same (as #1 above) with FORScan? I have heard folks were able to shut off the piped in engine noise with FORScan, but not that you could actually eliminate the stock HU DSP effects.

This is for my 2017 GT350 with the 9 speaker component system (no sub). It's just plain awful and I started by replacing the door "subs" and rear deck speakers with Focal 6 1/2" speakers and it didn't make any difference as they are still being driven by the Stock "processed" signal...original speakers were cheap (made in China) with small magnets and a whopping 25W 4ohm rating...

VegasRaptor18

Reaction score
My DSP 608 is a DSP only, takes 6 speaker level inputs (front mids, tweets, subs) and outputs appropriate signal to my amps without the need for a physical crossover. So my tweeters and mids up front are connected directly to a 4ch amp. My subs to a mono amp. Rears are connected to the factory amp. AudioControl does make an integrated amp that has a DSP and 4ch amp built in D-4.800. You could use that and a separate amp for your sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro