GEN 2 Speaker Recommendations for 800/801 with Kicker Powerstage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Talbor

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, I have Auto Start / Stop disabled using Forescan.

Piece of cake. The button swap to the hazard only button was a nice touch - I don’t like having a non-functional button on my dash. If you can find one on eBay or buy directly from Ford, it’s plug and play - some connector.

OP
OP
Talbor

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently installed the powerstage in my 18 / 801a
it was a great improvement over base but not great.

i went and replaced the stock speakers with the Kicker KS line. and was not happy with them UNTIL........

so tooling around with Forscan, there is a setting to change the "EQ" settings.
Looking at the codes
in the ACM module 727-01-02x*xxxxEQ Selection #
0=EQ Selection #0, 1=EQ Selection #1, 2=EQ Selection #2, 3=EQ Selection #3, 4=EQ Selection #4, 5=EQ Selection #5, 6=EQ Selection #6, 7=EQ Selection #7, 8=EQ Selection #8, 9=EQ Selection #9

So the stock settings is #4 i went through each one and changed mine to #7 and all i can say is i am happy now :)
made a world of difference. you can especially tell with the rear speakers which were low and flat when set to rear only. the #7 setting definitely woke them up. now i will install the new Component fronts and test.

I figured i would share this for anyone who has the powerstage with base radio.
Cheers...
RB

Thanks for sharing. I’ll definitely make sure to change the EQ settings.

For those following along, I went with Infinity Reference - component 6x9 for the front (6x9, tweeter, crossover) and 6.5 coaxial for the rear. Going to take the panels off this week, install some knock-off Dynomat, and hopefully end up with a great sounding system.

notchfiveoh

Reaction score
i recently installed the powerstage in my 18 / 801a
it was a great improvement over base but not great.

i went and replaced the stock speakers with the Kicker KS line. and was not happy with them UNTIL........

so tooling around with Forscan, there is a setting to change the "EQ" settings.
Looking at the codes
in the ACM module 727-01-02 x*xx xx EQ Selection #
0=EQ Selection #0, 1=EQ Selection #1, 2=EQ Selection #2, 3=EQ Selection #3, 4=EQ Selection #4, 5=EQ Selection #5, 6=EQ Selection #6, 7=EQ Selection #7, 8=EQ Selection #8, 9=EQ Selection #9

So the stock settings is #4 i went through each one and changed mine to #7 and all i can say is i am happy now :)
made a world of difference. you can especially tell with the rear speakers which were low and flat when set to rear only. the #7 setting definitely woke them up. now i will install the new Component fronts and test.

I figured i would share this for anyone who has the powerstage with base radio.
Cheers...
RB

Good info, I've been through the settings a few times and am not sure what you actually changed to #7?