Sony premium sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Sync3 is like the current Sync, the amp is separate. You could use an integration product like Audio Control DQ-61 or Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty to interface with the factory head unit. From that point you can build on it with any amps/speakers you want.
That would sure seem to be a good starting point, eliminating the entire frequency hill and low/high limitations of the OEM unit, then simply building out good speakers and subs from there. Again, I'm not interested in anything louder than the OEM system, but I would like a good sounding system.

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Sync3 is like the current Sync, the amp is separate. You could use an integration product like Audio Control DQ-61 or Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty to interface with the factory head unit. From that point you can build on it with any amps/speakers you want.

I don't want to say there's a myriad of options now to piggyback off the stock multimedia units, but the list is definitely growing as it becomes increasingly difficult (and/or unwanted due to the integration experience) to replace factory units. For instance, mObridge has become very popular in the European crowd with their DAx MOST products.

Last edited:

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running JL Audio for a long time and they are one of the best.

I will be using this one when i do the stereo;

FiX-86
OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Time Correction and Digital EQ. 8-ch. Inputs / 4-ch. Stereo + 2 Subwoofer RCA Outputs

The FiX™ 86 is a state-of-the-art digital signal processor engineered to deliver outstanding sound from factory source units, while retaining OEM fader control. Unlike typical OEM interface products, the FiX™ 86 automatically corrects time-delayed factory outputs prior to signal summing and EQ correction. Calibration takes just a single button press and about 30 seconds to complete, with no special equipment needed.
With a powerful 24-bit DSP processor and quad 1/3 octave equalizers onboard, complex factory signals, up to 3-way front and 2-way rear, are combined and level matched automatically into six, full-range stereo signals: Front (fader-controlled), Rear (fader-controlled) and Subwoofer (non-fading, front+rear summed) outputs. Differential-balanced inputs accept virtually any OEM analog audio signal, from low-voltage, line-level to highpower, amplified speaker-level outputs (up to 30V RMS).
Activation methods include 12-volt or Auto Turn-On (Signal/DC-Offset Sensing) to trigger a dedicated remote turn-on output for aftermarket equipment. An optional DRC-100 or DRC-200 Digital Remote Controller (sold separately) adds Master Volume Control, Subwoofer Level Control and preserves hands-free calling features, all from the driver’s seat.
Achieving great sound from your factory stereo has never been easier, or sounded better... Now with fader retention and subwoofer output!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want to say there's a myriad of options now to piggyback off the stock multimedia units, but the list is definitely growing as it becomes increasingly difficult (and/or unwanted due to the integration experience) to replace factory units. For instance, mObridge has become very popular in the European crowd with their DAx MOST products.
you are talking about fiber optic audio systems in european vehicles. and even so, the fiber optic signal goes to an amplifier which then has speaker leads going to the speakers. the amp is also the crossover. a full processor has fiber optic in so you catch the signal before or after the factory amp.

again, it all depends on what you are willing to spend. the cheaper alternative will be the jl products, but to really maximize the sound quality, a full processor is needed. most people will be happy with the cheaper alternative, but the sq guys will not. so you need to determine if you are an sq guy or not. at which point you will need to find the happy medium on price vs equipment. sq gets very expensive very quickly

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well this is the gen 2 thread so im guessing it wont work. the link you posed will work with 14 vehicles with the right harness. havent seen the new 17 raptor harness yet

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to suck it up for the first year, but eventually I'll replace just the Sony speakers. I don't think Sony's OEM deck will be too bad (and a hassle to replace).

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been tossing the idea around about trying a audison AP8.9 bit for my Jen2 and then just upgrading the speakers, but i figured id wait until i see what others are able to do that have more audio experience than me. I really want to keep that back floor space with the seats folded up.