Sony premium sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PW2006

Reaction score
Does anyone know the specs on the Sony premium sound system with the 802a package? The standard F150 specs states:
The 700-watt Audio System from Sony® delivers pure digital clarity. It features a CD player and 10 speakers plus a subwoofer to deliver deep, rich bass, plus speed-compensated volume control. HD Radio™ Technology is also included, offering CD-quality sound to FM radio and the sound of standard FM to AM stations.

However, when I asked Ford Service via messenger, they thought it was a 7 speaker system. Seems odd that the premium sound system in the Raptor would be different than the standard F150.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember trying to look into this last month and came up pretty dry with info.

Would also like to know.

NYOK

Reaction score
If it's no better than the Sony system in my '15 F-150, then it will be a major disappointment.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As recently detailed on Ford.com.....

The 700-watt Audio System from Sony® delivers pure digital clarity. It features a CD player and 10 speakers plus a subwoofer to deliver deep, rich bass, plus speed-compensated volume control. HD Radio™ Technology is also included, offering CD-quality sound to FM radio and the sound of standard FM to AM stations.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
auto manufacturers call it a 10 speaker set up, but in the aftermarket world, its less. they count the tweeter as a speaker. we dont. its a component of a speaker. according to auto manufacturers i have a 10 speaker setup. but in reality i have 4 component speakers and 2 subwoofers. ( not the factory crap) they say that to make you think more into buying the package. its all marketing, but unfortunately to get a lot of other things, you have to get the crappy sound system

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the realities of upgrading the speakers, amps etc?

I know doing the head unit, being as integrated as they, is going to be very hard.

What are the experiences with previous models etc?

NYOK

Reaction score
I don't know why you would expect it to be any different.

I don't know why you think that I do expect it to be any different. I think the SONY system sucks and I will be disappointed that it hasn't changed.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OEM sound has come a very long way over the years. I find that most systems are good enough these days that it isn't worth the time, effort or cost to switch them out.

That wasn't always the case, as I've done numerous sound upgrades over the years.

Better speakers are about as far as I would go today.

Last edited: