Sirius Traffic Not Working - 2017 Raptor [GEN 2]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
I have version 2.2 on my Raptor but I do not get the green, yellow and red lines on the map. I have the incidents reports, weather, sports. I am in SC. What am I doing wrong. My dealer told me that it does not show colors on the maps and I know that is wrong. Thanks for the responses.

Mine was built in January, delivered in February with SYNC 3 v2 that did not show green / yellow / red or incident reports (weather and sports worked).

After I took it in and the dealer updated to v2.2, the green, yellow, and red traffic flow showed and incident reports worked.

I'm out of town so I can't check this, but I seem to recall there are a number of navigation settings within the SYNC 3 menu. And the fact that you can receive incident reports but don't see traffic flow colors makes me think this might be a setting issue.

So you may want to check all navigation menu settings and see if there's an option to show or not show traffic flow on the map. I hope it's as easy to remedy as that!

Last edited:

ajbsc

Reaction score
Thanks Scoresman. All setting are set up correctly on Sync3. Even tried two Sirus signal refresh. Dealer is an idiot and says it does not show traffic on map. Sync hotline was no help either. Ran a software update and system is up to date.

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
Thanks Scoresman. All setting are set up correctly on Sync3. Even tried two Sirus signal refresh. Dealer is an idiot and says it does not show traffic on map. Sync hotline was no help either. Ran a software update and system is up to date.

Ugh.

ajbsc, I hate to see you've done everything you have and are still without traffic flow on your map.

Not sure where you're at in SC, but is there any chance you're not in an area where traffic flow is captured and "broadcasted?"

I ask because even in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex, there are areas where nothing shows. If I zoom out, I'll see traffic flow but the highway I'm on is newer than the map vendor's version Ford uses.

If someone else has Sirius and they're able to see traffic flow in your area (or you've had a car previously that used Sirius and you know you therefore know you should be able to see traffic flow), then I'd insist the dealer have the Regional Ford Service Rep contact you. And if he/she can't get a fix, you may need to insist they replace your SYNC 3 infotainment unit.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are you getting traffic incident icons on the map? My old truck would show a warning sign with info. Sync3 just shows the traffic flow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajbsc

Reaction score
I believe Sirus does have traffic flow in my area. Live in Charleston. I do have incidents reports. Thanks for the replies.

ajbsc

Reaction score
Confirm with Sirus that there is coverage in my area. Just wondering is this a Sirus issue of Ford. This really sucks. They call it traffic flow shown on the map which I am not getting.

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
Confirm with Sirus that there is coverage in my area. Just wondering is this a Sirus issue of Ford. This really sucks. They call it traffic flow shown on the map which I am not getting.

Well, that was the issue I had with SYNC 3 v2. It was supposedly an issue affecting nine states.

Once they updated to v2.2, I could receive Traffic Flow and Incident Reports.

You say you have v2.2 and are getting Incident Reports. Perhaps verify with Sirius that your account has Traffic Flow activated, and also ask them to send a Signal Refresh.

If you'd like, let me know via DM and I'll give you the number of a technical guy my dealership uses. He did my update; maybe there's something that he did in addition to just the software update...