Sirius Traffic Not Working - 2017 Raptor [GEN 2]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
I got a call today from my dealership saying Ford has contacted dealers (perhaps in the 9 affected states) to say a fix has been developed and will be released on March 12. Ford Customer Service also called today to offer me something for the inconvenience (I filed complaints about Ford Motor Company with the BBB, State Attorney General, and the Federal Trade Commission saying they should have disclosed this since they've known since Model Year 2016).

Anyway, my dealer says it involves a flash of the software. I wonder if it's an update to SYNC 3. Some of the forums in my last post talked about a SYNC 3 software version 2.2. Anyway, he's watching closely and will contact me when the fix is in. I'm cautiously optimistic...

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is just an update to Sync then it should happen automatically when you connect to wifi.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If it is just an update to Sync then it should happen automatically when you connect to wifi.

Which is great... if your connection to wifi actually works. Mine doesn’t. Tried multiple networks, my home included and nada. anyone else having this issue?

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
It Finally Works!

At long last, my Sirius Traffic now works! It shows green, yellow, and red on the map for traffic flow and also gives incident info.

My salesman did a fantastic job of keeping me updated and sent me a good news email late last week. He even met me in the Service Department at 7:30a yesterday.

They updated me to SNYC 3, Version 2.2 (from 2.0). I tried checking for the update on WiFi earlier this week - to no avail. I wonder if the update is too large for download; I think they updated via a USB Drive.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! Maybe I'll have to download the 2.2 update from the interwebs. I hate going to the dealer.

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just updated my software via USB this morning and verified that Sirius Traffic is now working. Thanks @scoresman903 for keeping us all updated on your progress with this problem.

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's the one! I used an 8GB FAT32 formatted USB drive.

I used a 2GB FAT32 formatted USB drive yesterday. It took longer to download the file to my Mac than it did for the Raptor to do the update. About 15 minutes total in the Raptor.

Now have Sync 3 ver 2.2 and Sirius Traffic now works. Can't find any other differences between 2.0 and 2.2 so far.

ajbsc

Reaction score
I have version 2.2 on my Raptor but I do not get the green, yellow and red lines on the map. I have the incidents reports, weather, sports. I am in SC. What am I doing wrong. My dealer told me that it does not show colors on the maps and I know that is wrong. Thanks for the responses.