Shorter Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messiah62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a shorter antenna or done anything to shorten theirs? Mine hits my garage door when pulling in, and don't want to put a line on the trim around the garage.

SunnDogg

Reaction score
In another thread it was mentioned that you can just simply remove the ball on top with a vise and the claw of a hammer, shorten the antenna to a desired length and then replace the ball. Search for Stubby antenna if you want to simply order something. My plan is to shorten the original antenna so I can maintain as much radio range as possible.

Red One

Reaction score
I just went to Autozone and got a stubby one for like $12 bucks. Piece of cake install and reception is fine.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the stubby antenna and the reception did suffer but I stream everything from my phone so it really didn't matter.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the stubby antenna and the reception did suffer but I stream everything from my phone so it really didn't matter.

i do as well. but when we are traveling heavy offroad and the cellphones dont have any service we have to swap over to radio mode. in the thick bush its just didnt have the ass needed to get most local stations.

the factory antenna whoops ass by comparison.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i do as well. but when we are traveling heavy offroad and the cellphones dont have any service we have to swap over to radio mode. in the thick bush its just didnt have the ass needed to get most local stations.

the factory antenna whoops ass by comparison.

In that case I would put the stock one on when going off-road then stubby for around town.