Recording The Stock Cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lightman02

Reaction score
There are some in car DVR's that can record multiple inputs of video. I guess my question is, does anyone know how these cameras are wired? I assume they are analog (NTSC) and most likely putting out a video signal anytime the truck is on. I'm kind looking to create a dashboard cam setup but using the cameras that already exist without disturbing the factory functions. I was going to try this with my Gen 1 Raptor but never got around to it.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why you'd want to do this, the angles of the camera's make them pretty much useless except for taking movies of the ground in front of your truck. The rear might be marginally useful given it can see behind the truck, but that is a pretty boring view.

Get a GoPro or a dedicated dash cam.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blackvue 650-2 channel with power magic pro

That's a pretty neat setup I watched the video, the only thing I would want to add is a recording shot of the drivers side window but I guess a go pro could do that if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you'd want to do this, the angles of the camera's make them pretty much useless except for taking movies of the ground in front of your truck. The rear might be marginally useful given it can see behind the truck, but that is a pretty boring view.

Get a GoPro or a dedicated dash cam.

What's nice, is a guy I work with, his vette, from factory, provides this ability. It'd be nice in situations where someone may rear end you or something happens to be able to record these situations. I plan on getting a dash cam, but if the factory setup provided it I probably wouldn't, less stuff to be stolen from the truck and less to purchase.

Especially since all the equipment is there to provide a feature like this

OP
OP
L

lightman02

Reaction score
I would like to try to see what the camera feeds look like but I would have to find the wires for the video feeds from each camera to see what they look like.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I agree this would be a nice option.
If you toggle through the cams in slow forward motion there is definitely an aspect that would be useful as a dash cam, as well as the back up view.

This will be an available option across all brands very soon, I believe.

Lousy pic, snapped it quick at an intersection, but shows these cam feeds would definitely be useful!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5022.jpg
    IMG_5022.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited: