Radio Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxMartini

Reaction score
Thanks David, love that distribution block.

2 meter antenna?

KX9ROB

Yea I still have to work up a bracket of some sort for the block, the block
is just tie-wrapped down but working very well. I have not
seen a 3rd party option yet. The Block makes it easy.
That is a dual band 2M/70cm antenna - I switched out the Comet in the photos to a new
Diamond SG7500NMO - has a tilt over base - now in tight garages I can just
fold it over VS taking it off the NMO mount. Seems to be all working well.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I still have to work up a bracket of some sort for the block, the block
is just tie-wrapped down but working very well. I have not
seen a 3rd party option yet. The Block makes it easy.
That is a dual band 2M/70cm antenna - I switched out the Comet in the photos to a new
Diamond SG7500NMO - has a tilt over base - now in tight garages I can just
fold it over VS taking it off the NMO mount. Seems to be all working well.

Ok I have to get that antenna now! Ive got a dual band as well but that one is way slicker.

Ive got an ICOM 880 and I was thinking of putting the face in the sunglasses holder. Not exactly sure yet.

With the unit mounted under the seat like that and issues with full range seat operation?

I think im gonna run my antenna along the left side if the same entry holes are there. Any reason you chose to run up the right?

JSTi07

Reaction score
I have this same mount. I have not installed it yet since I have not figured out where I will run the cable to get to the center console. How did you run the cable to the center console? What is the best way to get it there?
Not sure. That is not my picture/truck.

Sorry I cant help you out.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Im interested in the group buy....where exactly do I reply to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interested in group buy, where do I find this facebook page?

Yea me too, dont have Facebook but Ill find someone that does

Facebook page "2017+ Gen2 Raptor Discussion"

Search for the Post "Group Buy: Bullet Proof Diesel Antenna Mount"

dirtslinger

Reaction score
I just requested to join the group

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I need to get my antenna mount pretty quickly, put my radio in last night, so it's time for the antenna

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Ive got an ICOM 880 and I was thinking of putting the face in the sunglasses holder. Not exactly sure yet.

I wish my kenwood faceplate was small enough to put there.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just requested to join the group

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I need to get my antenna mount pretty quickly, put my radio in last night, so it's time for the antenna

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I wish my kenwood faceplate was small enough to put there.

Whats up dirtslinger, I have the same radio. I was thinking sunglass holder too if I can make something so it doesnt sit in there all sloppy. Its either there or in the cubby by the USB ports...

I ended up going with a https://www.breedlovemounts.com for the antenna

radio_man

Reaction score
With some help I found a good spot to run coax into the cab. First you have to release the rear seat behind the driver seat. I have not found great descriptions of this so here is another picture of the release. The pin with the zip tie (added) is what you are looking for. A wrench can be used to pull it up. It is a fairly tight space in a SCAB. Note: The zip tie actually did not work because it interfered with the mechanism.

fcff46fd6b075f28bbc12aa8d56015f7_large.jpg

You do have to pull off a fair amount of paneling.

af04749cbbfa8b660df6eec6f1fef634_large.jpg

A close up of the gromet. Running wire through here lets you get to the top of the wheel and then it's an easy run to the rear stake pocket.

bae442aa16df9f53c0623ec76c30f38e_large.jpg

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With some help I found a good spot to run coax into the cab. First you have to release the rear seat behind the driver seat. I have not found great descriptions of this so here is another picture of the release. The pin with the zip tie (added) is what you are looking for. A wrench can be used to pull it up. It is a fairly tight space in a SCAB. Note: The zip tie actually did not work because it interfered with the mechanism.

fcff46fd6b075f28bbc12aa8d56015f7_large.jpg

You do have to pull off a fair amount of paneling.

af04749cbbfa8b660df6eec6f1fef634_large.jpg

A close up of the gromet. Running wire through here lets you get to the top of the wheel and then it's an easy run to the rear stake pocket.

bae442aa16df9f53c0623ec76c30f38e_large.jpg

Lifesaver! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!!