GEN 2 Radar Detectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbobk

Reaction score
I have a V1 mounted and hard wired. I adjusted my v1. Turned off some bands from the rear and a bunch of other stuff. I watched a video on YouTube on how to set it up. Now my v1 is quiet and really only goes off when there is a cop running radar. Works great.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I’d give an update on the RadarMount customer service. I was getting frustrated at not having luck reaching the seller, using the phone number provided on Amazon for the seller. But then I tried using the email contact from the Amazon link, and lo and behold, ten minutes later I had a phone call from them and they’re mailing the correct wiring kit and a return mailing label. Super helpful customer service.
Awesome turnaround from one star to five star service in ten minutes.

Still loving the detector, it’s awedome.

I just got my R3 last week, really liking it so far. I was a little concerned that I’d have a lot of false alerts but I’ve locked out the handful of stationary K band sources I’ve encountered and it’s been a really quiet ride other than a few timely long distance Ka alerts.

The only glitch I’ve encountered is that the mirror tap kit I got from RadarMount has the wrong jack, and I can’t find a customer service number to contact them to swap for an RJ11. Their mirror mount seems solid.

Blkz06

Reaction score
I have an older V1 that I'm debating about sending in for an upgrade, or I may just go with the R3. I will say, once you get used to the V1 arrows everything else is just a beeping noisebox IMO.

If anyone would care to chime in, what do guys do about the detector mounting if you travel thru VA? Of course with the V1, its detectable so that poses a problem for me right off.

I have some development property in WV, so I travel from SC up thru VA into WV quite often. I have wondered if you can "hide" the detector behind the dot matrix film up near the mirror? I don't think I've ever traveled thru VA without seeing at least one trooper....I got so used to it that I would simply take the detector down for the trip thru.

Any suggestions?