Radar Detector Mirror Tap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor215

Reaction score
I just got a radar detector and figured I'd install it with a mirror tap. Does anyone know which wire is used for the ground and which wire is the hot? I couldn't find a wiring diagram.

Thanks

Attachments

• Mirror Tap.jpg
    Mirror Tap.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 257

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a meter and and start checking the pins on the front--One will be switchable hot and then find the ground! I did mine on my 18 but my plug has diff color wires from that!

Speedracer800

Reaction score
Almost one of the easiest mods out there. The mirror tap kit is well worth it - Amazon.

I guess the 2018 Raptor is different?? My Raptor doesn't have a plug like this on the back of the mirror. It has a couple of large plastic covers that need to be removed to get access to the wiring for the mirror. There are a couple of plugs under there and many wires.. just don't want to have to try to test every one of them to located a keyed hot and ground wire if possible. :/