Radar Detector install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigzaj

Reaction score
I used add a fuse and wired to fuse box, primarily because I added smart cord with mute button.

OnesJMU

Reaction score
I used add a fuse and wired to fuse box, primarily because I added smart cord with mute button.

Bigzaj: Could you tell me which fuse panel and which fuse you used with your add a fuse? I just ordered my Uniden R3 with the smart cord and would like to install it just like you did. Thanks

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bigzaj: Could you tell me which fuse panel and which fuse you used with your add a fuse? I just ordered my Uniden R3 with the smart cord and would like to install it just like you did. Thanks

R3 Mirror tap no issues. Just pull the power if you want to turn it off

Attachments

• kGt9RsoqTOKNzNAj1xVdtg.jpg
    kGt9RsoqTOKNzNAj1xVdtg.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 52

OnesJMU

Reaction score

Thanks, I'm in VA and radar detectors are illegal so I have to put mine higher up (above the mirror) and I thought a wire from the headliner would install better than coming from the mirror. Any thoughts on that?

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Also, how do you silence this when it goes off if you don't have a mute button hard wired?

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm in VA and radar detectors are illegal so I have to put mine higher up (above the mirror) and I thought a wire from the headliner would install better than coming from the mirror. Any thoughts on that?

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Also, how do you silence this when it goes off if you don't have a mute button hard wired?

You can lead the wire out of the liner if you want and there different length taps so the lead can go anywhere you'd like. R3 mute the the button on the front left. Easy to reach.

https://store.blendmount.com/mirror...use-with-military-grade-taps-p3513direct.aspx

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know which wire you used for the Ground and the hot?

Not sure? I checked them with a test light, its very tight and I can't get a good pic.

Attachments

• F9145900-C917-4A7C-9431-EEA1DAAF29BD.jpg
    F9145900-C917-4A7C-9431-EEA1DAAF29BD.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 834FA1FC-5FAD-47F6-92E3-DCB1CDB7B04D.jpg
    834FA1FC-5FAD-47F6-92E3-DCB1CDB7B04D.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: