Pics of B&O stock speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the B&O sounded ok until I got into my wife’s new car one day (Volvo). Wow - it really highlights how terrible the factory audio is.

VegasRaptor18

Reaction score
Any chance you can hook a volt meter to the factory B&O speakers and report the Ohm readings? I plan on doing my upgrade in steps over several weeks as time permits, need to know if I’m going to blow the factory amp putting aftermarket 2-4ohm speakers in the doors before getting the new amps up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance you can hook a volt meter to the factory B&O speakers and report the Ohm readings? I plan on doing my upgrade in steps over several weeks as time permits, need to know if I’m going to blow the factory amp putting aftermarket 2-4ohm speakers in the doors before getting the new amps up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you blow up the pic and look at the back of the 6.5" speaker, it clearly states 4 ohms on the speaker. I would assume the others are the same but I'm sure someone can verify if you want to be 100%.

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any manufacturer produce an “upgraded system” with actual quality components?

I think the really high-end Audi/Volvo B&O systems do, as does the Lincoln Revel system, but none are going to have competition or even true audiophile components throughout.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just swapped out all my speakers with pioneer units... from the 'Under $500 stereo upgrade' thread. Here is a pic of all the B&O stock speakers. Do these have any value to someone (subjective I know) or should I trash them?

B6IWga8Eu9UfrvkTohbc3duFrPewxbnDIkDVIRjYL5_ETWti5JXgc-peQ0NYsQjfaQGTxmsjVtbfhgxDqswGhH9m3P8WajPONydD5iQeYGXXs8mdXeY4JoLF6i2oTdDVEpf4mi1k00oyGfDMQT_a2usvDEPzDqH1t0iZ9UqTsXbu822wQQ1JBEKJ-U2STaVhu-OpI_7qBePY-lQX_fhZTPBYXIUreDzRNl3ydPSAVF-zKu64h0hTtusVgtzGJDKJ7uksGEtVMy7LaH8Aj2NOPc2vudIWeFE3nvwg9iSTim0Fj7AE6j-fHSKbwhnPOWGu6NnEYnnhW0TsQKPfZaIB46hw8xVH5ZWlfAO_FNsiZyZbS7iH8Ijlgd6ez42fRyvSjBVCDXpKCANCbu3v3xMk--NJ-5x1d4QzyYDQC5YzOqRpXjvv43LAjcJjZFPrcG3Gdom8FkkWJyYj761r78B4GxEYCeeGNnsyQIIVevxkNUWjyIYTcDqrhHyy8PU64V2U7YygSiSy_-scRqH0BYRmxBHMU0j8lXyzpWXKKk4-4-8QLQjkw2xk9cKZc2wtLsyjclbzmdM3qfvrGpAORrlLqOhPbWcrNFOriF4Jj7CC=w1259-h1677-no