Pics of B&O stock speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you intrepid souls who have undertaken upgrades to the 2018 B&O system have any pics of the stock tweeters/door speakers you removed? I'm curious to see what they look like/see if I can tell which part of the Harman parts bin they came from. TIA.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wont bother to post pics, sorry...

I will paint you a word picture. CRAP

There is no way any of these drivers came out of a facility manufacturing speakers for anyone but an automotive OEM. Crappy paper tiny magnets, no markings, same crap you would get out of your $15k fiesta.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

There is no way any of these drivers came out of a facility manufacturing speakers for anyone but an automotive OEM. Crappy paper tiny magnets, no markings, same crap you would get out of your $15k fiesta.

scariest part of that reply is $15k Fiesta :crazy:

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I thought someone might have taken some as they did the tear-out, but no worries.

Sorry to hear that, and I'm not really surprised, but a little disappointed. The JBLs in my old Tundra at least had a composite/coated cone for the 6.5 woofers.

Kbobk

Reaction score
I’ll shoot some pictures tonight and post them. I pulled it all out and put in pioneer speakers and a Polk 12 under the rear seat. I was really disappointed in the sound quality of the B&O. Had the truck less than a week before ripping out all the B&O stuff.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll shoot some pictures tonight and post them. I pulled it all out and put in pioneer speakers and a Polk 12 under the rear seat. I was really disappointed in the sound quality of the B&O. Had the truck less than a week before ripping out all the B&O stuff.

By any chance were you able to compare the BO to the Sony system in either the 17 Raptor or any of the 15-18 F150s? I have a 2015 King Ranch now and should have my Raptor by the end of the month. I'm hoping the BO sounds a little better than the Sony. The Sony is okay, so as long as it is a little better than that I am okay.

I had a 2013 M6 (life before kids, lol) with a Bang & Olufson system in it and that the the loudest, cleanest factory system I have ever heard. Granted it was in a 140K car so not quite comparing apples to apples.

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By any chance were you able to compare the BO to the Sony system in either the 17 Raptor or any of the 15-18 F150s? I have a 2015 King Ranch now and should have my Raptor by the end of the month. I'm hoping the BO sounds a little better than the Sony. The Sony is okay, so as long as it is a little better than that I am okay.

I had a 2013 M6 (life before kids, lol) with a Bang & Olufson system in it and that the the loudest, cleanest factory system I have ever heard. Granted it was in a 140K car so not quite comparing apples to apples.

Most folks who have heard both say the B&O Play is better than the old Sony systems, but not like a true high-end system. I'm generally happy with the sound, but more irritated with a few Sync/Ford issues.

Kbobk

Reaction score

Here are the pictures. From order of back to front. The front door speakers are one ways. I removed all stock speakers and had all the doors dynomatted inside and out. My sub box hasn’t arrived yet so just the mids/highs at the moment, driven off the stock amp. It sounds better but not audiophile quality. I am putting in a 12” under the back seat driven off an amp I had driving the same sub in my super duty. So, I’ll hold off judgment until it’s complete. My biggest complaint is that the stock setup just doesn’t get very loud. I find myself listening around 25 and when I want to jam it 30 comes quick and I want it louder. So if this bothers me over the next month I’ll yank the stock amp and run the mids/highs on a proper amp. Will just have to see.

Attachments

• 222F37A2-F22C-4403-86A9-F576778E1F82.jpg
    222F37A2-F22C-4403-86A9-F576778E1F82.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 895C6747-D05C-4B49-A750-0D4E83956A54.jpg
    895C6747-D05C-4B49-A750-0D4E83956A54.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 3A87DC02-35D8-4D6C-A145-14D7A40FF041.jpg
    3A87DC02-35D8-4D6C-A145-14D7A40FF041.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pictures. From order of back to front. The front door speakers are one ways. I removed all stock speakers and had all the doors dynomatted inside and out. My sub box hasn’t arrived yet so just the mids/highs at the moment, driven off the stock amp. It sounds better but not audiophile quality. I am putting in a 12” under the back seat driven off an amp I had driving the same sub in my super duty. So, I’ll hold off judgment until it’s complete. My biggest complaint is that the stock setup just doesn’t get very loud. I find myself listening around 25 and when I want to jam it 30 comes quick and I want it louder. So if this bothers me over the next month I’ll yank the stock amp and run the mids/highs on a proper amp. Will just have to see.

Thanks for posting...yeah, those are pretty much crap. I'm surprised it sounds as decent as it does.