GEN 2 Off Road Navigation with Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is anyone with an F150 that has experience switching the SD Navigation maps for off road use? I would think it possible, but haven't seen anything on here that mentions using this feature of the truck.

I would think Lowrance or someone would make a compatible off road map that would be as simple as an SD card swap to allow you to use your existing screen for OR Navigation.

Or am I missing something?

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HKguns,
I've been a part of two of the Dirty Dozen runs in Maine. We travelled 500 miles or so offroad on logging roads that were visible on the Sync navigation screens at the highest magnification. Yes they were maintained by the logging companies/ State of Maine; but the navigation in my 2013 showed 99% of the trails we used....
Eddie

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HKguns,
I've been a part of two of the Dirty Dozen runs in Maine. We travelled 500 miles or so offroad on logging roads that were visible on the Sync navigation screens at the highest magnification. Yes they were maintained by the logging companies/ State of Maine; but the navigation in my 2013 showed 99% of the trails we used....
Eddie

Same thing in Colorado for the CRR. All the roads we took way up in the middle of nowhere were on it. I'm sure some may not show up, but I haven't been anywhere they haven't showed up yet......

OP
OP
hkguns

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HKguns,
Eddie

Thanks for the response, I was hoping to be able to utilize the NAV system when possible.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the 801a pkg and opted for the 8" info screen but not the navigation. I wonder if I could add this after? I already have a build date...

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a way to know the approx cost? I'm a little bummed the 801a trim doesn't come with it. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's $1,400-1,500 but you can just use CarPlay maps. That's what I did with my mustang that didn't come with navigation.